The 4* Anner Hotel is located on the outskirts of Thurles, County Tipperary, set on private grounds with beautifully manicured gardens. Mid-way between the cities of Cork & Dublin and is only 1.5 hours from all major cities. The hotel boasts 92 bedrooms all tastefully decorated in restful tones, extensive conference facilities are available, as well as Private Dining, Conference and Banqueting Suites, Eds Bar & Bistro, Seasons Restaurant, State of the Art Leisure Centre and our beautifully appointed Wedding Banqueting Suite.
We are now seeking applications from suitably qualified candidates for the role of Accommodation Supervisor, previous experience is desirable for this role. The ideal candidate will have good attention to detail, ability to deliver excellent standards, motivate and manage a team. This is a full time role with excellent benefits for the successful candidate.
- To ensure that guests receive an excellent standard of housekeeping.
- To work autonomously, checking your own rooms and your team’s rooms, ensuring all standards are met in accordance with the SOP Manual and encouraging self checking.
- To ensure the team is guest focussed and to anticipate guests needs whenever possible, enhancing quality service and in turn enhance guest satisfaction.
- To use initiative in relation to the speedy resolution of guests queries or problems.
- To assist in achieving Hotel and Departmental goals in relation to mystery audits, customer comment index etc.
- To report on all guest feedback to a supervisor or Manager.
- Management and ordering of Linen and Towelling.
- Enforcing the agreed Standards of Procedure.
- To ensure that the highest possible standard of personal hygiene, dress, appearance, body language and conduct is maintained at all times
- To attend all statutory training
- To attend other training sessions as per the departmental training plan or as when required by management.
- To assist as much as reasonable in the coaching and training of new staff.
- To accept flexible work schedule necessary for uninterrupted service to Hotel guests.
- To provide support where necessary in other areas of the Hotel
- To give full cooperation to any colleague or guest requiring assistance in a prompt, caring, helpful manner and to be flexible in assisting around the Hotel in response to business and client needs.
Health & Safety Responsibilities
- To ensure all accident, incidents and suspicious occurrences are reported to the relevant people and to assist in providing all relevant backup.
- To maintain own working area tidy and in good shape. To report defective materials and equipment to the appropriate individual.
- To be familiar with and adhere to all rules and regulations of the hotel with specific regard to Hygiene, Fire procedures, Health and safety at work, Security regulations.
- To maintain good liaisons and communications with management and all other Departments.
- To offer any suggestions or ideas for improvement to head of the department.
- To attend any other meeting as necessary.
Sales and Costs
- To assist in positively promoting sales within the department and maximize every sales opportunity.
- To assist in controlling departmental costs within the standards set by the departmental manager.
- To assist in stock control measures implemented, in order to achieve budgeted profit margins.
- To ensure the security of cash, stock and equipment and to carry out all agreed departmental/Hotel procedures.
- To pass on any referred/sales leads to the sales department, to assist in sales as required.
- To be aware of Hotel promotions or special activities going on in the Hotel/area
Departmental Key Tasks
- To ensure a high level of hygiene throughout the hotel at all times in accordance with the standards as set out by the Accommodation Manager.
- To ensure the programme of deep cleans are completed.
- To handle lost property according to the agreed standard.
- To work a flexible shift pattern and rotate through the various areas of the Accommodation Department as required.
- To assist all guests in the hotel at all times with any requirements they may have such as extra towels, tea, pillows etc.
- To be responsible for the cleanliness of any additional items that may be added to guest bedrooms or public areas at a future date
- To ensure that equipment is not abused and is used for its specific purpose only.
- To be responsible for your own safety and of those around you. Ensuring that cables from hoovers are not left trailing, fire exits are not blocked by trollies etc.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Effective Communicator
- Have good organisational skills
- Will have excellent attention to detail.
- Will take pride in a well presented and clean Hotel
- Ability to lead a team.
- Will be a disciplinarian and a stickler for detail.
- Will always seek to improve the property.
- Will have a “can do “approach
- Will have previous accommodation Supervisor experience.
- Ability to work under pressure during quick turnarounds.
- To be hands on and lead by example.