We are currently recruiting for Customer Service Agents based in Dublin Airport. These are permanent part time positions available from immediately. The starting rate is €10.51 per hour and you will be guaranteed a minimum of 20 hours per week with overtime readily available. Hours & shift times are flexible to suit both parties.
You must be able to obtain an Airport Airside ID - by providing a full 5 year background check and Police clearance.
What can we offer you?
- Fully paid Induction Training – classroom and practical.
- Airport ID provided including Garda Vetting
- On-site car parking facilities at Dublin Airport provided.
- Full uniform & PPE provided
- Staff discounts for shopping at The Loop, Dublin Airport & local businesses
- Access to our Pension scheme
- Bike to work scheme
- Strong career progression
- Competitive overtime rates
Customer Service Agents provide all necessary help and support to passengers as required by our customer airlines which may include check in, baggage processing, reservations and ticketing, boarding of flights, air-bridge operation, greeting arriving passengers, handling of VIPs, provide special passenger assistance, handle customer complaints and other duties as assigned.This contract is a minimum of 18 hours per week.
The following responsibilities are associated with this role:
- Assist passengers with self-service check-in kiosks
- Inspect and verify passenger documentation
- Issue boarding passes and reschedule passengers affected by flight interruptions or cancellations
- Manage passenger baggage processing including handling and fee calculation if applicable
- Assist passengers as needed through arrival and check in processes including support for passengers with special requirements such as unaccompanied minors (UM), VIP passengers and passengers needing wheelchair assistance
- Direct passengers through Customs, Immigration, and Quarantine as required
- Make public address announcements as required
- Assist colleagues in other areas of the airport to ensure that wheelchairs, strollers and gate checked bags (cleared through security) are made available for loading upon departure and delivery to passengers upon arrival
- Comply with all UK/Ireland/EU legislation as well as airport authority and carrier security requirements
- Comply with Swissport Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s)
- Operate computers and specialist equipment such as air-bridge, scanners and airline specific software
- Produce work-related documentation when required
- Maintain the highest standards of safety and security at all time
- Other duties as assigned
The list is not exhaustive and may vary depending on location and local customer requirements.
Qualifications and Competencies
- In possession of at least three GCSE’s / O Level or Leaving Cert (and equivalent)
- Flexible to work on various shifts (days, evening, nights, weekends, and holidays)
- Ability to speak and understand the English language
- Ability to travel to the airport at times where public transport is not available
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Must be able and willing to type and learn airline specific computer systems
- Ability to follow processes and procedures and apply flexible approach when required
- Willingness to work in inclement weather if required
- Passionate about customer service
- Commitment to continuous improvement
- Self motivated and able to work independently
- Previous experience working in an aviation environment is desired
- Ability to speak additional languages is desired
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Swissport as an equal opportunity employer bases its hiring decisions on the business need and the best qualified candidates available, and does not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of any protected category. Candidates who are offered employment may be subject to a criminal record and other background checks as permitted or required by company policy or applicable law.