Implement the safety management policies and procedures locally so that all employees have a safe and healthy working environment and Swissport complies with all current and future regulations and laws. This role will be multi site based across the Irish Airports, travel between sites is required. This is a 1 year fixed term contract with a view to extension.
· Maintain a register of all station specific legislation applicable to occupational health and safety and complement Swissport’s corporate, country and/or divisional documentation with applicable station specifics.
· Ensure implementation of safety management standards within the station.
· Establish and lead Station Monthly Safety Management Meetings and bi-annual Station Employee Health & Safety Committee Meetings.
· Report to the Health & Safety Director / Division Head on a functional basis.
· Deliver regular safety performance reports to the Station Management.
· Ensure all hazards, incidents are being reported and recorded.
· Initiate, lead and carry out investigations on occurrences in line with corporate standards.
· Plan, prepare and conduct internal safety audits at given intervals at the station and initiate / monitor corrective actions based on audit findings and occurrence investigations.
· Establish and maintain the station operational risk register.
Key Performance Indicators
· Ensure compliance under all statutory and legislative requirements
· Ensure compliance with Corporate requirements
· Deliver safety performance in line with expected corporate targets
Qualifications and Competencies
· Hold or are working towards NEBOSH Diploma or Degree equivalent/ Must be registered Grad IOSH / CMIOSH / CFIOSH professional qualifications or equivalent in a related field
· Minimum 3 years experience in health and safety management
· Knowledge of country specific laws and regulations related to safety and safety management including Irish HSA 2005 & 2007 Acts.
· Good oral and written communications and ability to communicate and motivate and drive standards at all levels
· A sense of passion for improving safety standards and a commitment to continuous improvement.
· Ability to influence and drive safety culture within the region.
· Personal and professional integrity and trustworthiness.