A.O'C Commercials is Cork and Munsters leading heavy commercials vehicle motor centre representing Scania, the market leading heavy commercial vehicle. We are currently in the process of expanding and developing our business and we are looking for HGV technicians to join our team. Certified qualifications are not essential, applicants with relevant experience will also be considered.
As part of a career with A.O'C Commercials there will be many opportunities to develop your skills as a technician and contribute to the business through our open and active communication policy and participate in regular team building and social events throughout the year.
To diagnose, repair and service a range of commercial vehicles in accordance with work specifications, ensuring each vehicle recieves high attention to detail and quality workmanship.
- Through the use of diagnostic equipment and a systematic approach, ensure vehicle faults are diagnosed and rectified correctly in accordance with manufacturers specifications.
- Ensure a full understanding of the latest technology introduced on the vehicle ranges and how to diagnose and repair faults.
- Ensure all work is carried out observing safe working practices of self and others.
- Liaise and seek advice from colleagues and supervisors in situations where it may be necessary.
- Complete relevant documentation (Job cards, PDI's, service reports etc) in line with our dealer requirements.
- Ensure that workshop housekeeping standards are maintained at all times including the use of special tools.
- Work with other workshop and dealer colleagues to provide excellent customer service and share best practices when appropriate.
- Competitive salary rates based on experience and skill sets
- Regular upskilling and training provided by highly qualified Scania instructors
- Career progression opportunities,
- Overalls and PPE provided by the company,
- 20 days annual leave plus statutory holidays,
- Overtime opportunities,
- State of the art of facilities and tools for an efficient comfortable working environment
- Bike to work scheme participation
- Participation in our in-house works committee where a rotating panel has the opportunity to discuss and provide input in to the development of the business,
- Sports and Social club: Each employee has the opportunity to become a member of the A.O'C Commercials sports and social club which organises several social events throughout the year and is subsidized by the company.