The Human Resources Manager (HRM) is an essential part of Aghadoe Heights Hotel & Spa Management Team and is integral in assisting the property to identify and reach its strategic goals through the alignment of company objectives and HR Strategies, including the recruitment, strengthening and developing of a first class team and culture, and committed to delivering the company’s goals and values
The roles primary responsibilities will be
· To provide advice, coaching and counselling in all aspects of HR and related issues
· To be responsible for the effective administration of the HR function and related reporting matters
· To ensure compliance with company policy and procedures, employment law and other relevant legislation and regulations, including but not limited to aspects of health & safety, GDPR etc.
· To assist in the recruitment, selection and development, evaluation, management, retention and succession planning processes.
· To develop and promote Aghadoe Heights Hotel & Spa as an employer of choice to build the relationships with all relevant third parties, including government bodies, colleges, both in Ireland an on the continent, and agencies.
· To identify and ensure delivery of appropriate training to all members of the team
· To ensure budgetary knowledge and support for the hotel operation in terms of management of labour cost
· To ensure full management of absence, grievance and resolution of conflict
· To work in developing Employee Recognition, rewards and team activities
· Employee engagement and relationship building
· To promote a positive work culture, that is harmonious, respectful with a culture of team spirit
· In conjunction with the Group HR Manager, ensure policies and procedures comply with bets practise and employment legislation
· Oversee the administration of the HR department
· Management of the time and attendance system
· Ability to support the property in regard to Health & Safety, ensuring compliance in all areas of training and auditing.
· Supporting the Hotel Health & Safety Officer in all Health & Safety matters
· Attendance at all Health & Safety Meetings and supporting the General Manager in regard to all Health & Safety guidelines and implementation of same
· Knowledge of Food Safety an advantage – Legal responsibility of the property, audit process and facilitating and implementing best practice. Opportunity for successful candidate to access further professional training in this area.
A problem solver, that is strategic, proactive, and positive with solid communication skills. Highly motivated, with an ability to work on their own initiative and as part of a team. A person who has high standards, with the focus on results, who will be professional and accessible in supporting the management and team