We are seeking an exceptional individual with superb English writing, communication and organisational skills to join our growing Product Team. The Product Team are our quality guardians; they are dedicated to optimising the customer’s walking holiday experience by sourcing the best suppliers, keeping up to date with developments on our trails, writing route notes/directions and ensuring the information we provide is accurate.
Your key objective will be to assist with, contribute to, and enhance the quality of our product offering so that we can continue to create travel experiences that make people happy. It’s a busy role; juggling a variety of tasks at any given time, having an excellent eye for detail, an aptitude for learning quickly and a resourceful nature are critical to succeed.
We value a pleasant and professional demeanour and go that extra mile to provide an unparalleled service to our customers, suppliers and colleagues. As part of the Hillwalk team we’re all expected to embrace and contribute to our positive work environment and to embrace our core values.
You can expect to work in a bright, friendly office with canteen facilities and free parking; we provide training and development opportunities, flexitime, excellent health and wellness initiatives, company activities, discounted holidays and more!
Key Responsibilities of the Product Associate Role
- Work smartly and resourcefully to meet and exceed metrics and deadlines
- Work in collaboration with other teams to ensure any immediate issues and requests are actioned quickly (sourcing new suppliers, updating information etc.)
- Liaise with suppliers and others (trail officers etc.) to better understand changes on our tours
- Make clear, concise and error-free updates to customer documentation, internal software system and websites, always ensuring that the customer experience is not compromised
- Comfortably know how to use and interpret maps, Google Maps, GPS and other navigation tools
- Carefully edit and proof-read all documentation to an extremely high standard
- Understand how changes could impact customers, suppliers and colleagues, identify those impacted by changes and implement a communication plan to advise those affected
- Respond to customer feedback and act on issues when necessary
- Prioritise and implement relevant improvements based on customer & supplier feedback
- Respond to online reviews and run competitions
- With the introduction of new routes, or changes to existing routes, ensure that all required system set-up is completed accurately on our software system
- Undertake on-call requirements on a rotational basis with other team members during the walking season
- This is predominately an office based role, however you need to be available and willing to carry out route inspections and supplier visits if required
Key Personal Attributes/Skills
- Writing: Accurate spelling, the correct use of grammar and punctuation are critical for this role
- Rigour: Extremely thorough and careful
- Communication: Able to communicate effectively with colleagues, customers and suppliers
- Proactive: Able to use your initiative and work quickly and resourcefully to solve problems
- Language: Fluency (written and verbal) in English. A second European language is highly advantageous
- Other: Third level Education (Geography, English, Journalism or similar) and a minimum of 2 years post grad work experience
Further Application Details:
- Location: Galway City
- Salary: €26k + bonus
- Start: Wednesday, 7th August 2019
- How To Apply: Send your CV and a covering letter. Your cover letter should detail why you are the perfect candidate for this role
- Closing Date: Friday 31st May, 5pm
- Candidates who fail to meet the application instructions will not be considered for interview