Product Compliance Specialist
Purpose of role:
To ensure compliance to Primark's QA & Compliance Standards. To work alongside QA, Service providers, suppliers and key stakeholders to establish and maintain best practise and minimising risk to Primark business
Reports to: Compliance Manager
• Define product compliance requirements and advise the buying teams and other departments on safety and compliance related issues prior to product sign off
• Alongside QA ensure all products tested to Primark and Legal requirements
• To maintain awareness of compliance regulations within emerging markets and existing markets. Identifies compliance trends to support training needs and to leverage possible risk within Primark.
• Support the compliance manager to compile the business requirements for new markets and ensure solutions to mitigate risk
• Support the Product Incident Group to management of any serious business compliance/quality issues
• Establish and maintain relationships with Primark Customer Services, Legal and Retail teams.
• Manage the review and update on all testing packages on a regular basis through approved 3rd parties
• Monitor and report on supplier testing and failure/compliance rates
• In Conjunction with QA & SP's develop and own "root cause" analysis process for all compliance testing failures
• Research and analyse compliance data and proactively seek commercial problem solving to potential compliance issues
• Implement process for maintaining regulatory documentation to support with preparing regulatory submissions and managing the regulatory submission process
• Review and re-launch compliance identity across the business.
• Support with product incident management directed by the Compliance Manager.
• Support a robust quality and compliance training academy to support the business both internally and externally - relevant for all product categorises and trading markets.
• Liaise with Supply Chain and ensure all compliance certificates are issued in line with Primark critical path
• Identifies compliance project needs across the business
• Update QA/Compliance manual as directed by the Compliance Manager
• Provides guidance and direction to the team to support and resolve compliance issues in a timely manner with clear solutions and communication to all relevant stakeholders.
• Key point of contact for Primark off shore administrators
• Takes corrective action with risk suppliers/product in line with the compliance control tower
• Day to day management of portal compliance
• Champions the Compliance Way of Work (WOW) in line with Primark Business strategy
• Develops a formal due diligence program, engaging with all key stakeholders
• Support quarterly B&M reviews
Skills & Experience
• Ability to analyse and interpret information
• Understanding of product compliance from a legal perspective
• Excellent communication skills
• Ambitious and driven to achieve optimum results
• Strong business ethics
• Advanced computer literacy e.g. Excel
• Ability to influence and communicate effectively
• Maintain regular communication with peer group to ensure consistent ways of working locally and globally
• Build strong relationships with the Quality Assurance team to enable more informed decision making
• Coach and up-skilling teams as required
• Continue to build external and internal networks to strengthen relationships and enhance decision making
• Conducts open discussions with direct reports about their strengths and development areas, facilitating an understanding of performance expectation and the creation of formal development plans
Working with others
• Works effectively with others to deliver common goals; readily offers support.
• Prioritises and manages activities in a structured, independent and timely way; keeps others informed and obtains additional information when required.
• Demonstrates self-awareness and understanding of own skills, abilities and development areas
• Understands business need for flexibility and modifies behaviour accordingly; exhibits a positive, determined and results driven attitude.
Why work with us?
As well as giving you a competitive salary, we’ll provide you with a progressive career path. Clear advancement is what we’re all about at Primark. We’re always open when talking about your development and we offer lots of training – whether it’s in-house or sending you on courses. We’re big believers in rewarding hard work, which is easier to achieve with our teams being so close and forever willing to help out.
There’s a lively culture here, and it’s easy to get to know each other amidst a truly warm atmosphere. With flexible working hours, you can use your time effectively and plan around your schedule. Plus, we’re well equipped for a healthy lifestyle with our own café, canteen, and gym.
So, if you have the right experience and want to take the next step apply now.
Follow us on Facebook and stay up to date with the latest jobs in Dublin!
Before you go
Use professional CV templates that show exactly what employers look for. Easy to use and done within minutes - try now for free!