Harry Corry are now recruiting for the following positions in Athlone:
1. Sales Assistant
KEY TASKS AND DUTIES
1.To provide an excellent level of customer service. - Acknowledge and welcome, assist customers and give them advice and suggest complimentary products.
2.To maximise both personal and team sales and hit sales targets.
3.Merchandising, pricing and the display of stock to maximise sales.
4.To look professional and welcoming.
5.To be accurate in the operation of the till systems and be accurate in cash handling and all till transactions.
6.To liase effectively with other stores and departments within the Company.
7.Apply the Company’s policy and procedures as regards manual handling in lifting, carrying, pulling, moving stock and assisting with deliveries.
8.To carry out personal risk assessments and take personal responsibility for yourself and all others.
9.To ensure that the shop is free from hazards and maintained in a safe condition and to observe and implement Health and Safety legislation, consumer legislation and the Company’s Health & Safety policy and procedures.
10.To be accurate in stock counts and ordering.
11.To be accurate in all administration relating to merchandise.
12.To comply with the Company’s high standards relating to the care and cleanliness of the shop by good housekeeping including cleaning and vacuuming.
13.Any other duties as directed by the manager or general manager.
Essential - flexibility as advertised, all applicants must be available to work a Saturday afternoon. A passion for home interiors.
Desirable - leader/coach of a club or society, actively involved in local community, a clear employment record, experience related to the role
2. Assistant Manager
Normal Hours of Work:
Due to the nature of the position you will be expected to work the hours to fulfil the duties and responsibilities of the job. Evening and weekend work will be necessary.
To ensure that all operations within the branch are running smoothly and efficiently. To ensure that all staff provide a high level of customer service thus maximising profitability within the branch. To develop all staff to meet the needs and objectives of the business.
Key Tasks and Duties
1. To maximise the sales potential of the shop.
2. To assume full managerial responsibilities and duties in absence of the Manager.
3. To ensure that all administration is to the required standard with any errors or discrepancies being brought to the attention of the Manager immediately.
4. To ensure the security of all money, merchandise and premises at all times.
5. EPOS system - To ensure that all 'start of day' and 'end of day' procedures are carried out in accordance with detailed operating instructions. To respond promptly to all communication errors or problems.
6. To assist the Manager in ensuring that all stock issues are dealt with and communicated in the appropriate manner.
7. In conjunction with the Human Resources Department, assist the Manager to implement and maintain standards of recruitment, discipline, training and employee relations within your branch, whilst adhering to procedures set out in the employment legislation.
8. To promote the equal opportunity policies within the company, consulting with the Manager and Human Resources regarding any disciplinary or grievance matters that may arise.
9. To ensure that all employees and customers are working in a hazard free environment with all hazards or risks being reported to the Manager or in more serious cases the Human Resources department.
10. To ensure that the presentation of the branch staff and premises are of the highest quality. Any defects to property or equipment to be reported to the Manager or the relevant department at Head Office.
11. To assist the Manager in ensuring each new members of staff are effectively inducted into the company.
12. To provide managerial support to other branches within the company where required.
13. Any other duty requested by management.
Leader/Coach of a club or society
Actively involved in local community
A clear employment record
Experience related to the role
Additional Benefits For Both Roles:
EXCELLENT WORKING CONDITIONS
Follow us on Facebook and stay up to date with the latest jobs in Westmeath!
Before you go
By creating a job alert, you agree to our Terms. You can unsubscribe from these directly within the emails or as detailed in our terms.Continue to job