Finance Manager, Property and Capital
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
Financial Reporting for Property and Capital
- Management role with responsibility for leading a team focused on preparation and analysis of robust periodic financial and management accounts.
- Support the international finance teams by ensuring compliant lease accounting adhering to local GAAP and IFRS 16 requirements in all countries in which we operate.
- Provide leadership and guidance for the accounting treatment for all leased property transactions across the Primark Group.
- Review and challenge of periodic processes to identify opportunities to drive efficiencies through automation or revised processes
- Lead the future design of lease accounting automation and integration with our Oracle finance system.
- Team leadership in preparation of statutory accounts for a number of international legal entities.
- Key link with audit teams and other advisors ensuring timely and accurate completion of all statutory obligations for a number of legal entities.
- Assist in the submission of periodic reporting suite to ABF (Associated British Foods).
- Involvement in technical financial accounting advice, researching the impact of accounting policy decisions on the business and advising of relevant changes.
- Leading and management of direct reports including qualified and trainee accountants.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with Business Partners (Commercial Property/Primark Property Dept) in order to understand the broader business objectives, develop processes jointly and provide accounting guidance and best practice recommendations to enable process changes.
- Management and development of team.
- Other ad hoc reporting and project involvement as required.
- Comfortable working and taking responsibility in a dynamic environment
- Understand how systems work together to drive improvements and automations where possible (Trimble Manhattan/KPMG Excel model/Oracle/sub ledgers/AP/PIAT/Cognos)
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Accounting qualification (ACCA, ACA, CPA or equivalent) with 5+ years PQE
- Big 4 background and a number of years industry experience preferred.
- IFRS 16 experience would be an advantage.
- 2+ years managing a team.
- Self-motivated with excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal) - need to communicate to all levels within the business.
- Excellent planning and organisation skills, ability to multi-task, plan and prioritise work schedule and work within agreed timescales.
- Ability to work under pressure in a demanding environment.
- Excellent attention to detail and an ability to analyse and interrogate high volumes of data as well as demonstrating an ability to focus on higher level overview.
- Strong commercial awareness with ability to demonstrate a sound knowledge of wider business factors.
- Have strong financial and analytical acumen as well as excellent Project Management and communication skills.
- English is essential and other European language would be an advantage.
- Demonstrated initiative with strong work ethic.
- MS Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Strong Excel skills are required.
- Oracle Financials, Excel4apps and Cognos would be an advantage.
Follow us on Facebook and stay up to date with the latest jobs in Dublin!