Housing Case Worker
Position Title: Housing Case Worker
Programme: Crosscare Homeless Services
The Employer Crosscare, Clonliffe College, Dublin 3. Crosscare is the social care agency of the Dublin Diocese and is a registered charity. Crosscare delivers services with a servant leadership ethos. Crosscare’s Homeless Services operate a range of residential services targeting adults & families experiencing homelessness. The services aim to move people out of homelessness and into homes of their own.
Work Schedule: Full Time 38.5 Hours per week. 7 day rota (including evening & weekends – Days )
Contract Type: Permanent Contract
Salary: €34,125 (Band D4)
Location: Family Hub STA, Clonliffe Road, Dublin 3
Reports to: Project Leader/Deputy Project leader
- Admit residents / families to the service, ensuring he/she is provided with a full induction and welcome.
- Complete a comprehensive assessment where required with an allocated case load of residents & to identify each individuals/families appropriate housing option.
- Provide support to residents to establish tenancies by assisting them to identify suitable properties. This may include tasks such as searching relevant press publications and websites, contacting and visiting landlords and letting agencies.
- Arrange and accompany residents/families to viewings of properties and support them in negotiating with landlords where appropriate. This will include ensuring that the property meets safety standards and is well maintained.
- Assist residents & families to understand and complete their Housing Assistance Payment (HAP)
- Assist residents & families to fully understand the conditions of their tenancy agreement and agreeing rents with landlords prior to taking up a tenancy.
- Accompany the residents/families to the tenancy signing
- Refer each client to appropriate tenancy sustainment programmes e.g. CLAN, Sli, Hail etc.
- Have comprehensive knowledge of local facilities and support groups and to liaise with the key working team and broad range of external service providers including HSE, DCC, CPS, DOSP Community support groups, DRHE and other key stakeholders.
- To identify blocks and barriers to residents, accessing suitable housing options and report on these as requested. . Also to highlight external policies issues as they arise.
- To keep detailed records of outcomes and numbers of individuals resettled as we are a target based service.
- To work effectively as part of a team and being open to reasonable requests from Project Leader/Deputy Project leader/key workers in order to ensure effective working relationships.
- To cover the floor as required.
- Minimum Level 7 Degree Qualification awarded by the National Qualifications Framework (NQF) QQI e.g. Social Care, Social Policy, Addiction Studies, Social Science, Auctioneering, Housing & Welfare. Or
- Applicants with a minimum of 5 years employment in a directly transferable post will be considered for the post is they have completed the DCU Homeless Intervention & Prevention or Care & Case Mgmt. Certificate course and/or a NFQ Level 6 in Addiction Studies and have demonstrable additional training as detailed below: Addiction, Mental Health, TCI, First Aid/CPR/AED, PASS, Counselling, ASIST, HNA & Case Management
- A minimum of 1 years working in the area of homelessness & Knowledge of homelessness and its causes, homeless services, addiction and mental health. Internal Candidates - A minimum of 6 months relevant employment working with similar client group
Additional Requirements ( be able to demonstrate in your application)
- Good time Management and organisation skills
- Knowledge of Rebuilding Ireland, Pathways to Home, HAP, Rent Supplement & HNAs.
- Ability to work on a roster that includes evening and weekend work in a residential setting.
- Awareness of the issues arising for residents/families moving into their own independent tenancy.
- Experience of managing complex and challenging situation in a client based service.
- Knowledge of Children’s First & Child Protection.
- Professional Qualification e.g. ICSH/CIH membership
- Full Driving License
Applicants should send their CV ( 2 pages Max) & Cover letter showing how they meet the selection criteria & e-mail it to firstname.lastname@example.org or send it to Human Resources Dept., Crosscare, Clonliffe College, Dublin 3.
Please mark application with ‘FAMILY HUB HCW’.
Closing date for applications will be the 25th August and interviews scheduled for the week of the 2nd Sept 2019.
Crosscare is an equal opportunities employer Garda Vetting will apply to this role