Sous Chef- Cork International Hotel
- MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Maintain high standards of culinary skills in preparation, cooking and presentation of all food, in line with hotel standards.
• To assist in taking physical stock, controlling stock rotation and preparing potential food costs.
• Liaise with Management, Head Chef and other departments over business and special requirements.
• Receiving and checking delivered goods (for quantity and quality) against requisitions and delivery notes.
• To attend weekly Food and Beverage and management meetings in the absence of Head Chef
• To ensure that service from the Kitchen is prompt and courteous.
• To assist in producing a maintenance and cleaning schedule allocating specific duties to ensure the hygiene, cleanliness and tidiness of the Kitchen areas.
• Delegate duties to the staff and supervise their work.
• Deputize for the Head Chef, ensuring a smooth and efficient operation.
• To train and supervise in menu planning, ordering, rota compilation and menu costing with the Chef de Partie and Commis Chef. To help plan, create and cost menus and to ensure set food percentage is achieved whilst maintaining standards.
• Ensure that personal and working standards of cleanliness are adhered to.
• To ensure that the equipment is functional and well maintained.
• Secure the company's stock and property, ensuring all keys are included in hotel key system in order to provide possible access to all lockable areas, cupboard, fridges, equipment and padlocks at any time.
• To ensure all staff are smartly and correctly attired in accordance with co. policy.
• Ensure that all aspects of Health and Safety, Hygiene, welfare, guest safety, by-laws, fire regulations, emergency procedures etc. are adhered to within the relevant departments.
• To ensure all training carried out within the Kitchen is recorded and all training records are up to date.
• To help control quality of food produced, portions served, plating and waste.
• To ensure all areas are clean, safe and tidy.
• To help ensure a good working relationship with suppliers and colleagues in other departments.
• To comply with any reasonable request by Management
• All staff of the company are required to make themselves available for training and communication meetings for which notice will normally be given.
• To assist Head Chef & also take ownership of menus.
- PERFORMANCE REVIEW:
In the interests of helping staff maintain high quality standards of service, identifying training needs and assist in the personal development of employees; all personnel are given an annual performance review interview.
Follow us on Facebook and stay up to date with the latest jobs in Cork!