Are you looking for a part-time or full-time role that will build your skills in sales, customer service, and being a brand ambassador in the NGO sector?
This is a great opportunity for an individual looking to build a career with a global movement of people working to beat poverty. - we are looking for determined and tenacious people from Galway, Clare and Mayo to join our newest team.
What do we offer?
- A competitive guaranteed fixed rate of pay of €13.13 - €15.15 per hour
- Daily Performance Related Pay in addition to our guaranteed hourly rate - great income potential available!
- A driving allowance available in addition to our guaranteed hourly rate
- Full training is provided
- Excellent career progression – not only here in Ireland, but with our sister organisations all over the world, from Australia to Mexico!
- Evening shifts available
What does this role involve?
- Recruiting donors door to door to support Oxfam Ireland through direct debit regular gifts.
- Informing, inspiring and engaging the Irish public about the crucial work Oxfam Ireland is carrying out.
- Representing Oxfam Ireland always in a friendly, courteous and professional manner at all times, and abiding by the fundraising code of conduct and established protocols.
What are we looking for?
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with an ability to engage and inspire, and very strong spoken English.
- A passion for Oxfam Ireland's work, knowledge of emergency/developmental aid issues is beneficial also though non-essential.
- An outgoing personality, enjoy interacting with members of the public and working outdoors within a team dynamic.
- Experience within face-to-face is a definite advantage, though non-essential as full training is provided.