The team at Carr Golf Travel have developed a reputation that is second to none in the luxury golf travel industry. With a focus on exceptional customer service, in depth golf expertise and a network of partners and suppliers that has been honed over 27 years, Carr Golf Travel has established itself as one of the pre-eminent golf travel companies in the UK & Ireland. The travel division also specialises in curating a calendar of bespoke, prestigious amateur golfer events that take place in Ireland and Scotland throughout the year.
We are looking for a Sales Manager to join the team and oversee the sales operations and to support the leadership in the next phase of our exciting growth plans. You will be joining an ambitious and passionate team that is tireless in creating unforgettable golf experiences. This is a great opportunity for someone who has experience of leading sales teams, has a passion for golf and who knows what it takes to deliver excellent levels of customer service.
Areas of responsibility will include
- Working with the Group CRO, set out sales targets, quotas and ensure these are delivered against budget
- Monitor sales performance and provide senior management with sales reporting – Weekly, Monthly, Quarterly, Annually.
- Management of the Travel Sales Team (three full time consultants) including coordinating enquiries and allocating resources to maximize sales efficiency
- Coordinate day to day operations of sales team from enquiry to closing stages
- Assist the sales team in delivering outstanding customer service to our prospects/ clients.
- Ensure the orderly and effective tracking of sales performance through Pipedrive and Kaptio systems.
- Working with the Head of Operations, ensure a seamless transition for our clients during handover from sales to travel fulfilment teams.
- Support CRO in developing leads and wider market opportunities through US Sales Trips, referrals, sales calls, networking and cold calls.
- Support CEO and CRO by represent Carr Golf Travel at key networking events to deepen relationships with clients and strengthen relationships with prospects.
- Conduct regular competitor, market and product analysis to identify growth, pricing and upsell opportunities.
- Implement our Brand Ambassador Strategy and manage the delivery of the programme from head office.
- Support the marketing team in the design and implementation of an effective repeat and referral strategy.
- Liaise and meet regularly with marketing to help drive effective lead generation programs and activities to support sales goals.
- Develop and maintain strategic relationships / partnerships with key industry influencers to meet business goals.
- Minimum of 2 years' Sales or management experience in a travel or related industry.
- Sales focused, target and results driven
- Excellent levels of personal motivation and organisation
- Effective communicator to clients and colleagues, individually and in groups; with the capacity to provide clear written and verbal reports.
- Confident, ambitious and pro-active, seeks out challenges and is driven by success
- Problem solver with ability to think on feet and provide strong leadership to team.
- Proven track record in sales target success and over-achievement essential.
- Experience in the hospitality/travel/tour operator or related industry sector essential
- Experience or strong knowledge of the golf industry is a requirement.
- Golf knowledge is essential.
- Full clean driving licence is essential
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally