YAP Ireland is a leading provider of unique intensive support programmes, using a strengths-based, wrapround approach employing community-based advocates leading to positive outcomes for young people and families. We are a registered charity since 2009 and in 2019 we worked with 527 young people and families across 21 counties. Our primary funder is TUSLA while we also receive funding from the HSE and other organisations. We expect to continue to grow in the coming years. This is an exciting time to join a vibrant organisation.
Salary: €35,700 pro rata
Overall Purpose: The Finance Administrator will be a vital member of the Finance Team and deliver an outstanding service to the organisation. The role requires a real understanding of, and commitment to, a controls’ based approach to a charitable organisation’s finance function. YAP Ireland is committed to the highest standards of financial governance and any new member of the team will need to be similarly dedicated.
· Processing of weekly payroll
· Preparation of monthly management accounts
· Assisting with all aspects of accounting functions and processes
· Invoicing customers of YAP Ireland as well as credit control duties
· Payment of incoming invoices, and management of the creditors’ ledger
· Management of bank accounts, credit cards, and preparation of monthly reconciliations
· Assisting with the annual financial audit and any internal audits of the organisation
· Working with management and team leaders on implementing YAP Ireland’s policies and procedures
· Any other duties as assigned by the Finance Director
· Qualified Accountant or Accounts Technician preferred, or be in training to become an accountant
· Experience of processing a busy payroll would be a distinct advantage
· In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Excel required
· 2+ years’ experience of working in an accounts/financial environment
· Experience of processing management accounts
· Thorough understanding of debits & credits and a strong financial controls ethos YAP Ireland are committed to assisting all staff members with their training and CPD requirements.
Interviews will take place in the week of 2nd – 5th June 2020 and may be adapted depending on Social Distancing advice in place at the time.
Only completed applications will be accepted; CV’s will NOT be accepted.
Closing date for receipt of application forms is: 25th May at 5.00pm.
Before you go
By creating a job alert, you agree to our Terms. You can unsubscribe from these directly within the emails or as detailed in our terms.