Position Branch Manager
Reporting To: Regional Manager
Main Duties: To ensure that all operations within the branch are running smoothly and efficiently. To ensure that all staff provide a high level of customer service thus maximising profitability within the branch. To demonstrate flexibility and adaptability with regard to working in different shops as and when required. To develop all staff to meet the needs and objectives of the business.
Key Tasks and Duties
1. To maximise the sales potential of the shop.
2. To ensure that all administration is to the required standard with any errors or discrepancies being brought to the attention of the Regional Manager immediately.
3. To ensure the security of all money, merchandise and premises at all times.
4. EPOS system – To ensure that all ‘start of day’ and ‘end of day’ procedures are carried out in accordance with detailed operating instructions. To respond promptly to all communication errors or problems.
5. To ensure that all stock issues are dealt with and communicated in the appropriate manner, ensuring that faulty goods, stock transfers, stock counts, overstock issues and customer special orders are dealt with in the appropriate manner.
6. In conjunction with the Human Resources Department, implement and maintain standards of recruitment, discipline, training and employee relations within your branch whilst adhering to procedures set out in the Employment legislation.
7. To promote the equal opportunity policies within the company, consulting with Regional Manager and Human Resources regarding any disciplinary or grievance matters that may arise.
8. To ensure a hazard free environment. To report all hazards or risks to the Regional Manager and in more serious cases John Corry, Director with responsibility for Health and Safety.
9. To ensure that the presentation of the branch staff and premises are of the highest quality. Any defects to property or equipment to be reported to the relevant department at head office.
10. To utilise, train and develop subordinate staff.
11. To ensure each new member of staff is effectively inducted into the company.
12. To conduct staff appraisals and agree objectives.
13. To provide managerial support to other branches within the company where required.
14. Any other duty requested by management.
Measure of Performance
1. Branch sales figures and profitability against agreed targets.
2. Annual appraisal against set goals and objectives.
3. The effectiveness of communication with Regional Manager, Head Office, and Directors.
4. The effectiveness of administration, stock and security procedures within the branch.
Follow us on Facebook and stay up to date with the latest jobs in Limerick!