Manufacturing Operator – Limerick
Production Team Leader
A manufacturing operator at Stryker Limerick is appointed to perform the activities associated with the specific SOP’s for the purpose of manufacturing, inspection or packaging of Medical Devices at Stryker Limerick.
As business requirements change, employees are expected to be flexible and can move throughout the facility. Therefore multi skilling of the workforce is required. Specific tasks may require specific skills. These include the following:
Machining – semi automatic/automatic
CNC Machining – Milling and or Turning
Zyglo – Non Destructive Testing
Casting / Shell Making
Clean room / Packaging
• Performance Measures
Knowledge and skill is measured by the proficiency demonstrated during training. This measure is assessed by a skills trainer before final signoff of a training record. The effectiveness of the training is subsequently measured through the following performance indicators:
• Unit quantity per hour / shift
• First Pass Yield
• 5 Pillar Score
• EHS Audit / Score
• Line Clearance Audit Score
• Cell Shutdowns
• Lead Time
• Customer Service
Effective Date: October 2005 Page 2 of 2
• Core Competencies
The following are the core competencies required irrespective of job specific
• PPE (Personal Protective Clothing) Requirements
• Product Knowledge
• Compliance and understanding of the required / associated Standard
Operating Procedure and EHS requirements for the process
• 5 Pillar Standards
• Line Clearance Requirements
• Quality Acceptance Criteria
• Scrap/ Product Disposition Procedure
• Rework Procedure
• Device Defect Awareness
• Bar Coding Scanning System
KEY AREAS OF
The key responsibilities for manufacturing operatives are defined as:
The ability to demonstrate safe working practices, correct use of equipment,
product verification and the adherence to EHS, line clearance and 5 pillars
• Leaving Certificate or equivalent is required (recognition of prior
learning is also considered).
• 12 months experience in a regulated manufacturing machine
environment is preferred but not essential.
• Proven Handcraft Skills & Strong Mechanical aptitude
• Technical drawing and experience in the use of measuring equipment
• Good Communication Skills.
• Experience in GMP environment is preferred but not essential.
• Basic PC skills necessary.
• Capable of working as part of a multi-disciplined team.
• Good timekeeping and attendance essential.
Follow us on Facebook and stay up to date with the latest jobs in Limerick!
Before you go
By creating a job alert, you agree to our Terms. You can unsubscribe from these directly within the emails or as detailed in our terms.