Overview of the Role
The role of any candidate offered appointment will be to assist in the provision of legal services to the Board’s clients to whom legal aid and/or advice has been granted, within the terms of the Civil Legal Act, 1995, and the Civil Legal Aid Regulations, made thereunder.
It should be noted by candidates that this position is not open to persons currently on the Roll of Solicitors.
The key aspect of the Legal Clerk’s role will be to:
- Provide paralegal services to clients of the law centre under the supervision of a Solicitor/Managing Solicitor, having regard to any service delivery initiatives developed by the Board;
- Proactive management of case files in accordance with Board’s procedures, having full regard to the Board’s Risk Management Strategy, and
- Full engagement and utilisation of the Board’s ICT case management systems to obtain the maximum benefits from these systems;
- Full exploitation of the potential of the use of non legal means to solve disputes;
- Full adherence to the Board’s guidelines and procedures for the delivery of quality legal services.
Essential Entry Requirements:
Candidates must, on or before 16th January 2021 have:
· A legal qualification to at least Diploma level;
· at least 2 years experience in a legal office.
Candidates must be able to demonstrate clearly at interview that they possess the full range of competencies as set out in below. Candidates should have knowledge of the Civil Legal Aid Act, 1995, and the Regulations made thereunder, an understanding of the role of the Legal Aid Board and its operating environment, or the capacity to quickly acquire same;
· proven organisational skills with the ability to manage a caseload of legal files proactively;
· demonstrated ability to:
o communicate effectively orally and in writing;
o provide excellent legal services;
o work in a demanding and pressurised environment;
o provide excellent customer service;
· experience of legal databases and the capacity to use ICT effectively and efficiently;
Salary: 39,245.00 - 49,336.00 per year
Follow us on Facebook and stay up to date with the latest jobs in Cork!
Before you go
By creating a job alert, you agree to our Terms. You can unsubscribe from these directly within the emails or as detailed in our terms.Continue to job