Requisition ID 22949 Position Type FT Permanent Career Function Supply Chain
Division Foods Recruiter #LI-AM1
We’re Kerry Foods – a leading name in the global food industry, and a distinctly individual business. We’re home to incredible brands, over 6000 brilliant people and big ambitions. Our products, many of which are household favourites, are eaten by millions of people every day. Your energy, enthusiasm and fresh thinking could help us reach millions more.
About the role
The Logistics Manager is a multi-sited role reporting into the Supply Chain manager across our Charleville & Listowel Plants.
The successful candidate will hold responsibility for the management of our warehouse operations & logistics planning functions.
Main areas of responsibility include implementing standardisation and best practice methodologies from an operational perspective, leading a team of 7 with a key focus on team development, change management and ensuring we are getting the best information from our SAP system.
- Managing the daily operation of the warehouse by implementing best practices and Lean tools like JIT, FIFO, Kanban.
- Maintaining stock accuracy and integrity in the warehouse from Goods Receipted to Finished Product by implementing best practices like Cycle counting, Slotting System.
- Support the development of the SAP system in the warehouse operations and logistics planning with the aim of SAP being the only source of informational
- Drive results through the development of the warehouse and logistic strategy (in line with the supply chain strategy) and deliver the strategy using lean tools and techniques
- Managing transport metrics to ensure we deliver in line with Budget
- Manage logistics planning & documentation both within and outside of the EU (including Customs declarations)
- Build team skills through skills assessment, training, feedback and support
- Manage on-going performance of direct reports
- Audit ready every day across food safety and HSE
Qualifications and skills
- 5+ years relevant experience, including in managing a team and working specifically in a warehouse
- Proven ability to lead out change
- Understand best practice of warehouse design & structure
- Strong SAP knowledge
- Knowledge/experience of lean practices
- Experience/ Qualification in Shipping in ROW (Outside of EU)
- Experience in managing a team across multiple sites
Take a look at what’s going on at Kerry Foods on our LinkedIn page or follow us on Instagram and Facebook @kerryfoodsofficial
Follow us on Facebook and stay up to date with the latest jobs in Cork!
Before you go
By creating a job alert, you agree to our Terms. You can unsubscribe from these directly within the emails or as detailed in our terms.Continue to job