Eileen Daly Independent Living CLG
Post: Personal Assistant (Care)
Location: Dublin City Centre
Hours of Work: 38 hours per week x 4 days per week
08.00 - 18.30 – Immediate start. Applicants must be eligible to work in Ireland.
A full clean driving licence is essential.
Hourly rate: €17.00 per hour
Reporting to: Eileen Daly
An Independent Living Personal Assistant is:
“An individual contracted by the disabled person to provide them with the support they need in different aspects of daily living including, personal support, domestic tasks, assistance at school, university, in the workplace, or when out and about”
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assistance with cooking and domestic chores
- A driving licence is essential.
- Accompaniment on social outings when required.
- Assistance with personal hygiene/care needs – full training is provided.
- Driving me to a from work each day and providing me with basic assistance at work.
- Any other duties that may arise
Essential Competencies & Characteristics:
- Willingness to learn and have an open mind.
- Have an ability to take instructions and direction from a disabled person.
- A good standard of spoken English is essential.
- To maintain and respect confidentiality at all times.
- To have clean personal habits
- To communicate openly at all times
- Demonstrate enthusiasm and diligence in relation to your role as a Personal Assistant
- Have an ability to work on your own initiative when required
- Training will be provided if required.
PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS NOT A CARING OR A MEDICAL ROLE
Previous work-related experience is not essential.
To apply for the position please submit your CV and cover letter outlining your interest in the position by clicking the APPLY NOW button
Eileen Daly Independent Living is funded by the HSE
Before you go
By creating a job alert, you agree to our Terms. You can unsubscribe from these directly within the emails or as detailed in our terms.