Accounting Development Intern
Cork & Limerick, Ireland
At Dell Technologies, we are committed to bringing innovation to people everywhere and organizations of all shapes and sizes so they can transform and thrive in the digital economy.
As the Accounting Internwith Dell Technologies, your primary responsibility will be to develop your technical acumen, accounting and operational knowledge, and soft skills.
We are looking for interns who are eager to learn and are able to adapt easily to meet the needs of our rapidly evolving business.You’ll enjoy your internship with is if you are customer focused, a team player and like to challenge the norm.
What our team do:
- Implement best practices to support our multi-billion-dollar corporation
- Working with our business partners to provide accounting leadership on revenue recognition, warranty costing and statutory accounting.
- Design policies and procedures that adhere to audit standards and conform to FASB and SEC guidance, as well as compliance with GAAP and Sarbanes-Oxley section 404.
What you can learn:
- You will learn about reporting of financial results, including reconciliation and analysis of financial transactions.
- Review processes and propose recommendations for improvement
- Enable execution of strategic initiatives
- Upon completion of the internship you will have developed a robust set of accounting competencies that can be utilized throughout your career.
You will be working on:
During your internship you will be fully trained and working on:
- Journal Entry preparation and upload to financial system
- Balance Sheet Reconciliation
- Ensuring compliance with accounting policies
- Adhoc project work
You should apply if you enjoy:
- Problem solving and quantitative analysis skills
- Drive for results while working with all levels in the organization
- An interest in a career in Accounting
Throughout your internship you will have the support of the intern team, which includes:
- Being part of Employee Resource Groups (ERG’s)
- You will be assigned a Buddy who will be there to support you with all questions and will work on projects with you
- You will be part of an Intern Programme, where you will attend an intern bootcamp on arrival, you will be given the opportunity to grow your network and attend various self-development trainings
The intern interview process with be completed in September andOctober.
Dell Technologies is a unique family of businesses that helps organizations and individuals build their digital future and transform how they work, live and play—providing customers with the industry’s broadest and most innovative technology and services portfolio. We value our customers, winning together, innovation, results and integrity. Grow your career with a highly competitive salary, bonus programs, world-class benefits and unparalleled learning and development opportunities— all at a company that is proud to be diverse and inclusive. Learn more on how we are closing the diversity gap here.Closing date: Apply Now!
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Employment Opportunity Policy here.
Follow us on Facebook and stay up to date with the latest jobs in Cork!
Before you go
By creating a job alert, you agree to our Terms. You can unsubscribe from these directly within the emails or as detailed in our terms.Continue to job