Virginia International Logistics is a family owned business located in Maghera, Virginia, Co. Cavan, Kells, Co. Meath, Ballycoolin, Co. Dublin, Ireland & Tamworth UK with Over 35 years’ experience in Temperature Controlled, Dry Freight & Containerized Transport.
They are now hiring an Accounts Assistant (Purchase Ledger) at Virginia Logistics in Kells, County Meath.
CANDIDATES MUST HAVE A MINIMUM OF 2-3 YEARS EXPERIENCE IN A SIMILAR ROLE & EXCELLENT KNOWLEDGE OF SAGE LINE 50 SOFTWARE AND MS OFFICE.
Reporting to the Financial Controller, the Accounts Assistant (Purchase Ledger) will be responsible for the administration of the Purchase Ledger function.
• Accurate maintenance of Supplier/Purchase Ledger files (hard and soft copies).
• Completion of accuracy checks on supplier invoices in relation to cross calculations, VAT calculations and invoice totals.
• Matching of supplier invoices to purchase order numbers on a prompt basis.
• Accurate and efficient coding of supplier invoices for posting to nominal ledger.
• Accurate and efficient posting of supplier invoices and credit notes to the computer system.
• Requesting and processing of supplier credit notes for all overcharges.
• Reconciliation of supplier statements.
• Liaison with colleagues and suppliers regarding invoice and statement queries.
• Preparation of creditor listings.
• Creation of EFT payment files for bank processing.
• Completion of month end reports and procedures.
• Processing of intercompany reconciliations.
• Support the Financial Controller as and when required.
• Ad hoc duties as and when required.
• Minimum of 2-3 years’ experience in a similar role
• Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office and experience with relevant accounting software (Sage Line 50).
• Well organised and able to prioritise work to meet deadlines. Excellent attention to detail and analytical skills.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal with good presentation ability.
• Be conscientious and be able to work independently and as part of a team.
• High level of accuracy and be willing to take responsibility.
Desirable Requirements: Knowledge of the haulage and logistics industry
PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU HAVE THE REQUIREMENTS ABOVE
Before you go
By creating a job alert, you agree to our Terms. You can unsubscribe from these directly within the emails or as detailed in our terms.