Each candidate must:
• Have been educated to Leaving Certificate standard;
• Have passed an examination of comparable standard at second level;
• Have satisfactory relevant experience which encompasses demonstrable equivalent skills.
• A good working knowledge of ECDL or Equivalent
• Have a minimum of 2 years administrative experience;
• Good keyboard skills/Fast and accurate typing ability
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to present information in a clear and concise manner;
• Exceptional level of accuracy and attention to detail;
• Ability to prioritize work and effectively handle multiple tasks and see these through to completion;
• Excellent problem solving, analytical and decision making skills;
• The ability to manage within allocated resources and a capacity to respond to changes in a plan;
• Highly motivated and dynamic ability to work to deadlines and achieve targets;
• Demonstrate ability to work under own initiative and independently with minimal supervision and work discreetly with confidential information;
• Pro-active and a team player;
• Demonstrate a high degree of flexibility, adaptability and openness to working in various Departments in Patient Service on a rotational basis.
• Engage in Continuous Professional Development and further training when required.
• Demonstrate a strong results focus and ability to achieve results through collaborative working;
• The ability to build and maintain relationships with colleagues to achieve results;
• Demonstrate a strong customer service ethos, takes pride in the quality of service delivered and constantly seeks to improve it;
• Resilient, calm and professional under pressure;
• Contributes ideas and suggestions as to how service activities can be improved;
• Excellent ICT skills, MS Office skills to include Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Knowledge & Understanding
• Understands confidentiality in all matters of information obtained during the course of employment;
• Comply with mandatory training requirements as per hospital policy, i.e. Fire and Manual Handling Training.
• Continually strives to improve service delivery;
Overall Job Role: The Grade IV Clerical Officer will be responsible for all administrative duties within the Patient Services department. Additionally the post holder will promote and maintain best practices throughout the department to ensure a quality service is delivered at all times.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities: 1. To carry out and be responsible for all administrative duties for the Patient Services department under the supervision of line manager/deputy; 2. Organisation of work to ensure deadlines are met and that clerical duties are maintained; 3. Management of iPMS System including: • Referrals to OPD waiting lists, • Validation of waiting lists, • Registration of patients, clinic arrivals, departures and reconciliations, • Admission to, transfers within and discharges of patients from the system, • Check all demographic and insurance details are up to date and correct each time a patient presents for a scheduled or unscheduled appointment, assessment or admission 4. Chart Management to include: • Prior pulling of charts from medical records and various areas throughout the hospital to ensure that charts are available on clinic dates or when patients attend for scheduled admission and retrieval of charts for patients when they attend for unscheduled care. • Ensure adequate and up to date patient labels are in chart • Print barcode tracking labels if required • Chart tracking • Chart organisation • Ensure charts of discharged patients go through HIPE department for coding • Filing charts back to the medical record library in terminal digit order 5. Use of other systems as required which include: • LAB system • Viewpoint (Ultrasound) • K2 (clinical system) • G2 – transcription/dictation system • Claimsure 6. Undertake other duties appropriate to the post as may be assigned to you from time to time; 7. Support the preparation and issuing of office documentation (correspondence, reports, etc); 8. To conduct all telephone communications in a professional and discreet manner; 9. Participating as an effective team member towards the efficient operation of the department; 10. Collating and analysing information/data and reporting on same; 11. Maintaining accurate records and files for department; 12. Alert line manager of any back logs or other difficulties which may arise from time to time; 13. Taking initiative and being proactive in addressing issues; 14. Organise and attend meetings as required; 15. Take minutes at meetings and prepare for circulation following meeting; 16. Assisting with the implementation of change and delivering quality services; 17. Working effectively with staff, members of the public, contractors, external agencies and other various departments; 18. Assist in the delivery of staff training; Engage in additional training programs to support the service delivery, set out by Hospital Management. 19. To monitor and order stationary and other department supplies as necessary.
General • To adhere to Departmental and Hospital policies at all times; • To ensure confidentiality in all matters of information obtained during the course of employment.
Customer Service • Promote and maintain a customer focused environment including monitoring efficiency of service provided by the team and notifying line manager of any deficiencies; • Act on feedback from service users/customers and report same to supervisor.
Planning and organisational skills • Demonstrate the ability to plan and deliver the duties of the role in an effective and resourceful manner; • Can multi-task without losing focus and manage competing and changing priorities; • Maintaining structured systems; • Anticipates problems and issues and takes preventative action to address these; • Demonstrate an ability to manage and develop self and others in a busy working environment.
Professional • To ensure confidentiality on all matters and information obtained during the course of employment; • To have a working knowledge of CWIUH Services policies; • To present and act in a professional manner at all times and ensure colleagues do likewise.
Health and Safety • Comply with the policies, procedures and safe professional practice of The Coombe Women & Infants University Hospital and by adhering to relevant legislation, regulations and standards; • To instruct assigned staff in safe working practices; • To work in a safe manner with due care and attention to safety of self and other persons in the workplace; • To report immediately any accidents or incidents involving patients, staff or members of the public to the Head of Department Remuneration Remuneration is in accordance with the salary scale approved by the Department of Health & Children effective from 1st October 2023. Current remuneration as follows: €32,297 - €51,103 pro rata per annum (including LSI’s).
Follow us on Facebook and stay up to date with the latest jobs in Dublin!
Before you go
By creating a job alert, you agree to our Terms. You can unsubscribe from these directly within the emails or as detailed in our terms.Continue to job