Adult Educator (Technology Enhanced Learning)
Location: FET Centre Mervue, Galway
Job Time: Full Time
Hours: 35 hours per week (may include some evening and weekend work).
Job Summary/ Purpose: The Adult Educator will support the TEL Coordinator with the administration, development, planning and delivery of TEL initiatives for FET in GRETB.
The Adult Educator (TEL Support), under the direction and guidance of FET management and TEL Coordinator, will work as part of a wider team within the FET support and development unit. They will be employed to assist in the administration, planning, designing and delivering of TEL initiatives, encompassing learning pedagogy, instructional design and development with a focus on providing an excellent learning experience for learners. They will be expected to support TEL initiatives and have a good working knowledge of learning management systems to meet the needs and demands of all stakeholders involved in the many FET programmes across Galway and Roscommon. The FET Centres, within GRETB deliver Education and Training from basic education to part-time and full-time provision from Levels 1-6 on the NFQ.
Initial Duties and Responsibilities·
- Assist in identifying TEL requirements in FET centres across GRETB.
- Assist in maintaining Asset registers of TEL equipment and other hardware
- Assist in the general administration, scheduling, and dissemination of TEL initiatives
- Assist in the evaluation of TEL PD courses,
- Monitor practitioner and learner feedback from training sessions and generate reports based on feedback evaluation.
- Assist in the administration of learning management systems by supporting practitioners and learners with accessing and maintaining student enrolment files e.g. Moodle
- Assist in training practitioners in the use of learning management systems and inline tools
- Contribute to the development of policy, procedures and practice for TEL within the FET Support and Development Team
- Research the procurement of TEL resources and assist practitioners with same.
- Support practitioners in the development of TEL resources through facilitating and/or delivering training packages on TEL systems/softwares (iPad apple school manager/Moodle/TEAMS apps etc)
- Assist the TEL department to develop a range of digital resources to support classroom learning.
- Assisting centre management with monitoring and promoting TEL systems/ iPad apple school
- Assist in the updating of TEL Sharepoint and other TEL communication systems
- Assist in the promotion of TEL within FET including contributing to the FET Support and Development Unit Newsletters and other communication systems.
- Assisting answering of queries through the TEL email and directing queries to relevant
- personnel/ problem solving of emergency queries.
- Work in a collaborative, cooperative and integrated environment to promote the adoption of new technologies to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of communication, collaboration, teaching and learning across GRETB.
- In conjunction with centre management, the Adult Educator TEL will assist in the development of processes to increase the engagement levels of FET practitioners in Technology Enhanced Learning.
- Work with TEL and FET Support and Development Unit to support communities of practice amongst practitioners to enable sharing of good practice, and where appropriate, to work in a facilitative role.
- Engage with Subject Matter Experts to evaluate and develop program content, liaising with practitioners to ensure curriculum content is up to date and fit for purpose
- Support the TEL Coordinator to enable and facilitate TEL involvement in curriculum development
- Network and building professional relationships with members of other educational
- Provide training to practitioners to enable new technologies to be incorporated into
- their daily practice.
- Manage Wriggle licenses, offering assistance, overseeing license usage and assisting in the development of ongoing training.
- Provide staff and second providers of training with briefings/training as required in relation to the various TEL packages.
- Collaborate with PL&D and RPL Coordinator to ensure training and workshops are provided to practitioners, to enable technology enhanced learning to be embedded in their practice
- Deliver a range of TEL courses relevant to the needs of identified target groups.
- Develop and assist with the implementation of appropriate assessment strategies to assist learners and instructors/tutors/teachers to identify learner needs and to develop appropriate responses.
- Undertake other such duties/projects as requested by the AEO or Director of Further Education and Training.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of changes and developments in the learning environment including teaching and learning strategies, TEL, assistive technologies etc.
- Promote and maintain an ethos appropriate to lifelong learning.
- Carry out the lawful instructions of the Chief Executive and/or the Director of Further Education and Training at the Galway Roscommon Education and Training Board.
- The Adult Educator (TEL) will report directly to the TEL Coordinator in the first instance but will work closely with FET Support and Development Unit and all FET Services and centre management in their specified region.
- The Adult Educator (TEL) will utilise the relevant Galway Roscommon Education and Training Board systems and programmes e.g. MS Office, Zoom, Moodle
- The Adult Educator will support the implementation of systems and procedures which contribute to SOLAS/ETB reporting requirements in consultation with the TEL Coordinator.
- The Adult Educator will support the implementation of systems and procedures which contribute to SOLAS/ETB reporting requirements in consultation with the TEL Coordinator
Further Education and Training Department in GRETB.
- PERSON SPECIFICATION:
- A qualification at Level 7 on the National Framework of Qualifications or its equivalent or higher in relevant discipline(s) commensurate with this role and the Further Education and Training Sector would be advantageous;
- Experience in Teaching/Training
- Good organisational, communication and interpersonal skills and a high level of initiative
- Excellent ICT and administration skills;
- Inniúlacht le dualgais an phoist a chomhlíonadh go héifeachtach trí mheán na Gaeilge/
Capacity to discharge the duties of the post through the medium of Irish desirable.
The person appointed to the above post will be required to show evidence of the following competencies:
- Specialist Knowledge, Expertise and Self Development
- Teaching/Instructing/Training ability
- Specific capacity to contribute to the overall development of a learner and inclusion service within FET:
- Management and Delivery of Results
- Professional Development
CONDITIONS OF SERVICE:
Remuneration: New Entrants: €32,654 - €60,656 (pro rata, per annum)
Pre 01/01/2011 entrants:€35,524 - €60,656 (pro rata, per annum)
IMPORTANT NOTICE RE: SALARY: As per DES guidelines, new appointees who are entering this grade for the first time will start at the minimum point of the scale. Incremental credit may only apply, if, immediately prior to appointment, the appointee is already a serving Civil or Public Servant. Rate of remuneration may be adjusted from time to time in line with Government pay policy. Starting Salary is not subject to negotiation
Hours of attendance:
The Full-time Adult Educator is required to work 35 hours per week. Part-time positions as per centre need on a pro-rata basis.
Sick Leave will be in accordance with the arrangements authorised by the Minister for Education and Skills from time to time.
How to Apply:
Completed application form must be submitted online by 12 noon Thursday 30th March 2023
The closing date for applications is Thursday the 30th of March 2023
Before you go
By creating a job alert, you agree to our Terms. You can unsubscribe from these directly within the emails or as detailed in our terms.Continue to job