General Ops from Aircraft Services provide a variety of professional cleaning services to ensure aircraft are well presented on both the interior and exterior. This includes (but not be limited) to performing a range of interior and exterior cleaning as contacted by the airline. Other duties may include cleaning office or retail facilities and the operation of specialist ground servicing equipment.
These are permanent part time positions (20 hours a week).
The starting rate is €10.15 per hour increasing to €11.44 after successful completion of security training programme.
- Clean interior areas of the aircraft cabin including the removal of blankets, vacuuming aircraft carpets, wipe down tables, walls, overhead bins, windows and remove trash from seat pockets
- Replenish seat pockets with airline materials as per customer requirements
- Clean lavatories; wash basins, surfaces, mirrors and replenish lavatory supplies
- Clean and sanitise aircraft galleys; mopping floors and wipe down of work surfaces
- Arrange seat belts on seats, placement of headrests, pillows and blankets as required
- Clean exterior areas of the aircraft as required
- Provide security cleans/checks as required
- Provide professional cleaning for office and retail areas as required
- Drive and/or operate ground support equipment which may include vans, aircraft steps, hi-lift vehicles, water/lavatory service trucks
- Report all equipment malfunctions to the appropriate supervisor/manager
- Comply with all UK/Ireland/EU legislation as well as airport authority and carrier security requirements
- Comply with Swissport Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s)
- Maintain the highest standards of safety and security at all time
- Other duties as assigned
- Flexible to work on various shifts (days,evening, nights, weekends, and holidays)
- Ability to speak and understand the English language
- Ability to travel to the airport at times where public transport is not available
- Ability to follow processes and procedures and apply flexible approach when required
- Willingness to work in inclement weather
- Physically fit, able to work in a manual environment
- Able to work as a team in a fast paced environment
- A full driving license
- Previous experience working in an aviation environment is desired
- Ability to speak additional languages is desired
What can we offer you?
- Fully paid Induction Training – classroom and practical.
- Airport ID provided including Garda Vetting
- On-site car parking facilities at Dublin Airport provided.
- Full uniform & PPE provided
- Staff discounts for shopping at The Loop, Dublin Airport &
- local businesses
- Access to our Pension scheme
- Bike to work scheme
- Strong career progression
- 20 days annual leave increasing to 25days (pro-rated)