Kerry is the world's leading taste and nutrition company for the food, beverage and pharmaceutical industries. Every day we partner with customers to create healthier, tastier and more sustainable products that are consumed by billions of people across the world. Our vision is to be our customers' most valued partner, creating a world of sustainable nutrition. A career with Kerry offers you an opportunity to shape the future of food while providing you opportunities to explore and grow in a truly global environment.
Kerry’s Animal Performance Solutions is a dedicated division that focus on the development and commercialization, globally, of specialty feed ingredients for monogastric and ruminant nutrition.
About the role
As part of the Animal Performance Solutions team, the position of Animal Application Nutritionist will have the following mission: to analyze, interpret and communicate clinical data; contributing and participating as a scientist in all areas of the company that require this deep knowledge. The primary task is to investigate the role of various Kerry technologies in improving animal performance and/or health and to transfer that information to the industry in a manner that will generate commercial interest. The position will involve working relationship with customers, contract research organizations (CRO) and academia at multiple levels. The position may require some travel to support these relationships, attend scientific forums/tradeshows and/or customers. The successful candidate will achieve targets expressed in terms of developing a rationale for the use of Kerry products in improving animal health and performance leading to commercial opportunities and ensure the development and execution of the R&D roadmap supporting the business.
The role will report directly to the Global Applications Director – Animal Performance Solutions.
- Participation in the design of application projects, as well as the preparation of documentation for conducting efficacy trials (protocol, ethics committee documentation, reports, etc.)
- Partaking in the follow-up and monitoring of efficacy trials; and to review, analyze (incl statistical data analysis) and interpret data/results related to these studies
- To write scientific reports and technical marketing documents, as well as scientific publications
- Management of efficacy trials databases
- Support and drive innovation projects
- Provision of technical support to sales: manage and lead technical support functions including new product selection, product research, sales team training and external presentations, literature, webinars etc. Travel with sales team to make presentations.
Qualifications and skills
- Preferably a PhD in the field of animal sciences, or veterinary science with 3-5 years working experience in any branch related to monogastric animal nutrition and / or health, preferably in an international company or within academia.
- Experience with feed additives including enzymes, gut health technologies, other specialty feed ingredients for monogastric animal nutrition.
- High level spoken and written English, with sufficient fluency for the presentation of data and writing of scientific articles/reports; excellent organization and planning skills.
- Expertise in analyzing and interpret results from efficacy studies; proficiency in writing scientific reports / publications.
- Capability to work and to navigate in a matrix environment structure, coordinating and collaborating globally with e.g. R&D, Business Stakeholders, Regulatory Staff, Applications groups, Analytical Team etc
- Knowledge of quality standards and legislation applicable to efficacy studies, feed additives / specialty feed ingredients, and databases
- Knowledge in project management with high competence in computer skills (Microsoft Office; statistical software and CRM programs)
Follow us on Facebook and stay up to date with the latest jobs in Kildare!
Before you go
By creating a job alert, you agree to our Terms. You can unsubscribe from these directly within the emails or as detailed in our terms.Continue to job