Aon Apprenticeship Programme | 2021 intake
- Dublin, Ireland
Aon Apprenticeship Programme | 2021 intake
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
What is the Aon Colleague Experience?
Being a part of Aon means making a difference – every moment, every day – across the globe.
- It’s knowing that your work makes a difference – for our clients, our colleagues and our communities.
- It’s working every day with the best – people who are knowledgeable, passionate, conscientious, and innovative.
- It’s understanding that you own your potential – to develop your skills, grow your career, and expand your reach across businesses and geographies
- It’s being valued for who are you are and what you bring to the firm – appreciation and recognition for your contributions, tools and resources to let you do your best work every day, a comprehensive total rewards package, and the encouragement to be your authentic self at work.
About the Role
What is the Insurance Practitioner Apprenticeship Programme?
The Insurance Practitioner Apprenticeship is an ‘earn and learn’ degree programme that combines on-the-job training with academic study. Developed by The Insurance Institute and representatives from across the industry, the three-year programme leads to a BA (Hons) in Insurance Practice from IT Sligo.
What can you expect as an Aon Apprentice?
The Aon Apprenticeship Programme provides an outstanding opportunity to develop the skills, knowledge and behaviours to become a valuable contributor to the success of our business while developing your own rewarding career as an Insurance Professional.
The academic element of the programme includes online lectures, some face to face teaching and some group work during each semester. One day’s study leave is granted each week to attend lectures and for general coursework.
You will be assigned a Supervisor to mark and confirm the achievement of learning outcomes, and a Mentor to guide and support you through the three year programme.
Aon apprentices also have full access to the online repository of training courses held on Aon University, providing access to an additional training in a wide range of skills.
The programme will centre around a number of rotations to facilitate a rounded learning experience as and gain in-depth knowledge of how we bring the best of Aon to our clients and facilitate you taking part in a Global Broking team; gaining insight and in-depth knowledge to the solutions that Aon offers its clients
- Supporting our Client Servicing teams & Account Directors will ensure exposure to experienced professionals and a broad product and market knowledge
- Participation and attendance in client/broker meetings
- Exposure to new and emerging insurance sectors
- Exposure and experience working in an innovation operations team supporting on the delivery of a new of client value initiatives.
- Gaining insights to various clients and their specific requirements
What we’re looking for:
The insurance industry apprenticeship programme has some eligibility criteria, outlined below. Beyond that, we’re looking for candidates who are:
- Keen to pursue a career in the Insurance industry
- highly motivated with energy and drive to succeed
- can demonstrate ability to use initiative
- are interested in delivering great customer service
- can demonstrate that you are a good team player, ability to build and maintain relationships
- can demonstrate integrity in the work and study you undertake
- have an inquisitive mind and have the confidence to ask questions to learn and develop
About YouAre you Eligible? Do you meet the below Criteria?
- Some work experience in a professional capacity would be a distinct advantage
- A minimum of 4 grade Ds at Ordinary Level and 2 Grade C3 at Higher Level.
- Leaving Certificate subjects must include Mathematics and English or Irish.
- An E grade in Higher Level Mathematics and a B2 in Foundation Mathematics is a minimum entry requirement.
- A minimum of 140 points is required for entry to all Level 8 courses.
- If you are over the age of 23 on January 1st, you do not need to have meet the educational criteria outlined above
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
What you can expect from us:
- Competitive remuneration and attractive range of benefits
- Career development opportunities both in Ireland and globally
- Opportunity to work with a diverse range of talented and collaborative colleagues
- Key focus on Wellbeing
- We continually invest in our people, developing colleagues through a range of Learning and Development opportunities including access to our learning platform ‘Aon University’
We’re happy to talk flexible working. Aon Ireland offer and promote flexible working arrangements where possible.
Aon is an equal opportunity employer. Individuals are selected on the basis of their abilities and merits to perform the tasks required. Our policy is to be fair and consistent in all aspects of our business. We recognise respect and value differences and diversity. We embrace equality as part of our normal way of doing things because we believe that it is the right thing to do for our people, our clients and our success.
All applications received will be dealt with confidentially and subject to the company recruitment and selection processes.
Follow us on Facebook and stay up to date with the latest jobs in Dublin!
Before you go
By creating a job alert, you agree to our Terms. You can unsubscribe from these directly within the emails or as detailed in our terms.Continue to job