Ref #: 30596
Functional Area: Operations
Employee Type: Full Time
Date published: 17-May-2021
We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $1.91 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 2,800 employees in 17 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world’s premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities.
The Asset Setup team is responsible for establishing and maintaining PIMCO’s proprietary reference data warehouse. The team utilizes a variety of sources like Bloomberg or Reuters as well as offering documents to ensure the accurate population of security and issuer level attributes and tables. The position requires frequent interaction with teams throughout the organization including Legal & Compliance, Technology, Analytics, Risk, Product, Account and Portfolio Management to obtain and populate relevant information in a timely manner. Asset Setup’s other core responsibilities include answering complex product related inquiries. In this position, the analyst will have exposure to all the products that PIMCO trades and play a key role in the live trade flow process. A strong technical background is required along with a solid understanding of the financial markets.
- Create & maintain security masters & issuers in PIMCO’s proprietary data warehouse
- Analyze corporate structures and assign classifications for both public and private companies
- Answer inquiries from various departments throughout the firm and outside the firm
- Perform data integrity reviews and ad hoc projects to support firm- wide initiatives
- Act as a liaison between business units and technology. Perform detailed data analysis with the ability to summarize and communicate to a wide audience of consumers.
- Query and reconcile trade tickets in a timely and accurate manner in a high-volume trading environment. These reconcilements tend to be research oriented and require the use of Business Objects to resolve.
- Bachelors degree in Finance or Economics preferred
- Understanding of the financial markets and products Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications (especially Excel)
- Ability to consistently produce accurate, high quality results with close attention to detail
- Solid time management skills with the ability to meet tight deadlines while multi-tasking
- Strong communication skills with ability to tailor the response based on specific audiences
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office
Follow us on Facebook and stay up to date with the latest jobs in Dublin!
Before you go
By creating a job alert, you agree to our Terms. You can unsubscribe from these directly within the emails or as detailed in our terms.Continue to job