Main purpose of the role:
Ensure the store operates efficiently and effectively and provide our customers with the very best customer service and fresh food offering at all times in a clean, safe environment. To deliver on key store targets (sales and profitability) through effective management of people and operations.
The ideal candidate will have/be:
- 2 years` experience in a relevant position is desirable
• Good knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word)
• Experience balancing cash/tills
• Excellent communication skills
• Good delegation skills
• Highly driven with a strong work ethic
• An understanding of how to achieve KPIs and targets
• Commerciality and brand awareness
• Passion for grocery retail
• Thrive in a fast-paced working environment.
• Actively live Centra brand-values i.e. Proud, Energetic, Imaginative and Community-Based
• Set, monitor and achieve sales targets with the team on gross profit margin, net margin, waste and other KPIs as agreed with Store Manager
• Implement planograms correctly and ensure the correct range is in place in store
• Merchandise and present the store to the highest standard
• Approachable and a role model who leads by example and encourages teamwork and fosters a positive attitude and atmosphere in the workplace
• Ability to develop and promote good communication between employees and management in a safe, respectful and inclusive environment
• Support Store Manager in the development and training of the team and in ensuring the smooth running of the store
• Manage employee performance, giving regular feedback, recognition and encouragement
• Deal with all customer queries efficiently, professionally and consistent with store policy
• Understand achieving margins in all departments
• Engage with new initiatives and embrace new ways of working.
The closing date for applications is Monday the 9th of August 2021
Follow us on Facebook and stay up to date with the latest jobs in Galway!
Before you go
By creating a job alert, you agree to our Terms. You can unsubscribe from these directly within the emails or as detailed in our terms.Continue to job