Assistant Night Manager – Maldron Hotel Dublin Airport
The finest Hotel at Dublin Airport, Maldron Hotel is situated within 3 minutes’ walk of Terminals 1 and 2. We offer 251 rooms to facilitate all types of travel; standard rooms, executive rooms, family rooms and interconnecting rooms.
All bedrooms, F&B outlets and the reception area have recently been fully refurbished, making Maldron Hotel the first choice hotel at Dublin Airport.
As part of Dalata Group, the largest hotel group in Ireland, we offer unrivaled career and professional development opportunities. We are currently recruiting for the role of Assistant Night Manager.
Objective of Role:
Through the consistent delivery of the highest standards, promote a professional and positive image to all of our guests and contribute to the hotel’s targets.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- To assist Night Manager with operations of the Nights team.
- To ensure operations are carried out in line with department and hotel standards while providing quality service to our guests in accordance with statutory and health and safety requirements to all colleagues and guests during the evening hours.
- To ensure all guests receive a genuine, warm, friendly, courteous welcome on arrival and during their stay.
- To anticipate guests needs whenever possible to enhance quality service and in turn enhance guest satisfaction.
- To carry out departmental standards in accordance with the SOP Manual.
- To ensure that the highest possible standard of personal hygiene, dress, appearance, body language and conduct is maintained at all times.
- To ensure all accident, incidents and suspicious occurrences are reported to the relevant people and to assist in providing all relevant backup.
- To be familiar with and adhere to all rules and regulations of the hotel with specific regard to: Fire procedures, Health and Safety at work, Security regulations.
- To carry out the Night Audit.
- To assist in positively promoting sales within the department and maximize every sales opportunity.
- To oversee the standard of meeting rooms for the next business day.
- To assist in controlling departmental costs within the standards set by the departmental manager.
- To ensure the security of cash, stock and equipment and to carry out all agreed departmental/Hotel procedures.
- 6 - 12 months experience in a similar role.
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to oversee & delegate work to others.
- A warm, friendly and approachable personality when dealing with fellow staff and guests.
- The ability to work on their own initiative, as well as being capable of working as part of a team.
About our culture:
Dalata Hotel Group – Ireland’s largest hotel group has a number of exciting positions on the horizon. As Dalata continues to grow and expand in Ireland and the UK it’s more important than ever to have the right team alongside us, in the near future we will be opening the doors of new hotels creating many jobs and investing millions in the Irish and UK economy.
We lead through our Dalata values of “Our People, Our Fairness, Our Service and Our Individuality”. If you have the right attitude and energy you will have great opportunities to progress within the group. Our company is a place where you can do great things – individually and as a team. You will have the opportunity to develop your talent, be recognised and rewarded for your commitment and pursue a fulfilling career. We also have a number of unique and recognised training programmes to aid your professional and personal development and pride ourselves on creating an objective, supportive and fair working environment for our employees.
Dalata Hotel Group Plc is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Follow us on Facebook and stay up to date with the latest jobs in Dublin!
Before you go
By creating a job alert, you agree to our Terms. You can unsubscribe from these directly within the emails or as detailed in our terms.Continue to job