Title: Assistant Shop Manager
Reports to: Shop Manager
Contract type: Permanent
Hours: Full-time (35 hours per week)
Location: Irish Cancer Society Shop, Tallaght
Salary: €24,700 per year
Do you have retail experience? Are you looking for a change?
We are looking for an experienced Assistant Shop Manager to join our team. You will be joining our community of survivors, families, patients, friends, nurses, doctors, scientists, professionals, supporters and volunteers.
Our shops are open Monday to Saturdays with no late evenings and closed on Public Holidays and over the Christmas break.
We offer a pension and benefits package including paid sick and family leave amongst other benefits.
At the Irish Cancer Society, we have a vision that by 2025, 3 out of 4 Irish cancer patients will survive their diagnosis and everyone affected by the disease will have access to world-class treatment, care and support.
Join our team to help improve the lives of those affected by cancer in Ireland.
What you’ll do:
Assist the Manager in the operation of an Irish Cancer Society shop, in a manner, which reflects high street retail standards and maintains the professionalism and profile of the Society in all areas of operation.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To support the shop manager in all areas of operation.
- To maintain operational standards that are consistent with or exceed industry norms.
- To ensure that any interaction with customers is carried out in a manner that is courteous and professional.
- To maintain accurate records of all sales and payments and to ensure that agreed procedures regarding banking and cash-security are observed at all times.
- To support and proactively manage all staff members including, the Manager, Sales Assistants, and CE participants and to recruit, support and proactively manage a team of volunteers.
- To maintain a safe environment for customers, volunteers and staff and where appropriate to immediately report to the Shop Manager/Area Manager any hazard that puts the safety of customers, volunteers or staff at risk.
- To ensure that agreed stock management procedures are observed and that merchandising and window display opportunities are maximised at all times.
- To act as a contact point for existing and potential service users, to promote Society services and to support major Society fundraising initiatives.
- To provide cover for the Managers holidays and where possible to cover absence due to illness.
Who you are:
- Excellent leadership skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Patience and the ability to remain calm in stressful situations, good team player
- Can motivate self and colleagues and inspire the highest standards
HOW TO APPLY: If you are interested in this role please click apply now to send a cover letter and CV to Nicola Cosgrove, HR Administrator
The Irish Cancer Society is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to building an inclusive environment for all employees. We know that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
We do not require the assistance of agencies at this time
Before you go
By creating a job alert, you agree to our Terms. You can unsubscribe from these directly within the emails or as detailed in our terms.