Assistant Technologist – Accessories
Do you have experience in the product technologist space? If so we have a great opportunity to join a fantastic team covering our Accessories department.Purpose of role:
To contribute to developing product to in line with Primark Quality Assurance Standards. To assist the Product Technologists, buying teams, suppliers and key stakeholders in maintaining best practise and ensuring product meets the Primark customer's expectations.Reports to:
Product TechnologistProduct and Process
- Understand and support delivery of the Primark Departmental and Quality strategy to deliver the customer promise.
- Demonstrates technical knowledge to support the delivery of quality products that are safe, legal and fit for purpose.
- Build and develop capability to assess commercial quality and testing requirements
- Assist with product development and adhere to “the Best Practice” sample process flow
- Investigate all Gold Seal rejections and communicate quality issues to buying teams and suppliers
- Build competitor awareness to enable quality, fit and performance benchmarking of Primark versus key competitors
- Work with the Primark Compliance team to ensure the Primark Quality Standards are in line with industry standards (Value/Volume retail).
- Demonstrate an understanding of the legal/product/retail requirements for labelling
- Assist in identifying potential fabric, material or component quality issues
- Manage reporting of testing submissions by supplier/product area/product type
- Compile and conclude tech packs and score card analysis as part of the delivery of the key line programme to ensure Primark quality standards and cost efficiencies are achieved
- Investigate and support resolution of quality issues in a timely manner with clear solutions and communication to all relevant stakeholders
- Monitors the Returns Report to identify high returning styles/products, highlighting risk to Product Technologists and develop CAP to enable improvements
- With guidance from the Product Technologist learn to identify risk suppliers/product for Pre-shipment and CFS inspection
- Evaluating risk and ability to make commercial recommendations on quality priorities in a volume environment.
- Investigate customer feedback/customer complaints/product issues and record on the quality incident log
- Monitors the Returns Report to identify high returning styles/products, working with the supply base to resolve and improve future deliveries.
Communication and Influence
- Communicate with suppliers on the technical development of product.
- Highlight risk areas from testing submissions and with support of the Product Technologists work on an improvement plan
- Assist Suppliers on technical queries concerning product development
- Assist with regular updates to the supply base on Primark quality standards
- Gain an understanding of the ethical team’s factory audit process and compliance to understand supplier performance.
- Communicates and interacts clearly and concisely to ensure that information is understood by buying teams, retail and external contacts
Working with others
- Demonstrates/develop effective communication skills tailored to the audience and objectives; provides feedback and responds to others in a professional, courteous and respectful manner.
- Supports the Product Technologist to deliver training and engagement with Buying teams and Suppliers to improve the sampling hit rate
- Identifies and gathers relevant information to solve problems and make informed decisions relating to quality standards.
- Makes decisions independently within parameters and understands when to seek guidance; collaborates with impacted stakeholders (Buyers, Suppliers and Peers).
- Attends B&M department meetings representing Quality Assurance
Why work with us?
- Works effectively with others to deliver common goals; readily offers support.
- Respects the ideas and contributions of others and readily takes opportunities to learn and seek out stretching opportunities to support own development
- Demonstrates self-awareness and understanding of own skills, abilities and development areas
- Prioritises and manages own activities in a structured, independent and timely way; keeps others informed and obtains additional information when required.
- Understands business need for flexibility and modifies behaviour accordingly; exhibits a positive, determined and results driven attitude.
- Contributes to and supports the delivery and content of the Primark Quality Academy training courses
- Supports training in best practice for sample approval to QA, buying teams and suppliers
- Supports regular updates to the buying teams and suppliers regarding new sections within the QA manual
As well as giving you a competitive salary, we’ll provide you with a progressive career path. Clear advancement is what we’re all about at Primark. We’re always open when talking about your development and we offer lots of training – whether it’s in-house or sending you on courses. We’re big believers in rewarding hard work, which is easier to achieve with our teams being so close and forever willing to help out.
There’s a lively culture here, and it’s easy to get to know each other amidst a truly warm atmosphere. With flexible working hours, you can use your time effectively and plan around your schedule. Plus, we’re well equipped for a healthy lifestyle with our own café, canteen, and gym.
So, if you have the right experience and want to take the next step apply now.
Follow us on Facebook and stay up to date with the latest jobs in Dublin!