As Associate Product Owner (APO) you will be responsible for maximizing the business value in software products delivered by Agile Scrum Teams. You will work closely with the Product Manager to gain a clear understanding of the business problems, customers need the product to solve as well as the vision and strategic direction of the overall portfolio.
Reporting to the Senior Product Owner, you will be part of the Baggage Management team and will collaborate closely with the Agile Scrum Team to scrub the Product Backlog, create Features and User Stories, defining Acceptance Criteria, set priorities, and answer the team’s questions on the nature of the features being developed for one or more Baggage Products within the Baggage Management Portfolio. You will usually drive the ‘Design Partner’ process whereby a small number of selected SITA customers are provided with incremental software updates throughout the development process of a new release.
At SITA, we are meeting the new needs of travel today! Are you ready to join us?
What You Will Do
- Fundamentally understand our customers’ business and the outcomes they want us to deliver.
- Work with the Product Manager to shape the Portfolio Vision.
- Manages and populates the Product Backlog with artifacts that provide the next level of detail to support the delivery of the product road map as defined with the Product Manager.
- Specify functional requirements non-functional requirements & acceptance criteria.
- Be responsible for discussing the features of the product and supporting the functional analysis of the backlog and call out priorities of the roadmap. Know the costs of a delivery (project or release) in detail and in real-time.
- Define PI or Release time-boxes. Define MVP for a release.
- Work with the Scrum Team to define Sprint goals, and attend Scrum team Daily Stand-ups.
- Clarify requirements for the team.
- Attend demos from the team showing their work.
- Accept (or reject) the team’s work during the sprint and at the end of Sprint Review. Demo the teams (accepted) work to the wider SITA community & customers.
- Run the Design Partner Program. Demo early versions to customers.
- Defines PI or Release time boxes.
Who You Are
- Degree in Engineering/Science or relevant
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a significant Product Owner function.
- Experience in working directly with agile scrum teams and working directly with customers
- Air Transport Industry knowledge or experience is highly desirable
- Working experience of any SITA Baggage Products is desirable:
- WorldTracer Suite (Self Service, Lost and Found Property, Desktop, Baggage Delivery Service)
- Bag Journey/Bag Trust
- Bag Message/Bag Connect
- Bag Manager
- Azure DevOps Knowledge a plus
- IATA RP1745 Knowledge of a plus
What We Offer
SITA is a place of change and constant improvement, where we're always pushing ourselves to find better ways of doing things smarter, quicker, easier, for us and our customers and for their customers too. Our values underpin everything we do at SITA.
And we offer all the good stuff you’d expect like holidays, bonus, flexible benefits, medical policy, pension plan, and access to world-class learning.
Welcome to SITA
SITA is the world’s leading specialist in air transport communications and information technology. We don’t just connect the global aviation industry. We apply decades of experience and expertise to address almost every core business, operational, baggage, and passenger process in air transport.
We design, build and support technology solutions all with one vision to create easy air travel every step of the way. As an organization, we cover 95% of all international air travel destinations and work with over 2,800 air transport and government customers in every corner of the globe. Are you ready to explore the opportunities?
Keywords Product Owner, Business Analysis, Agile, Scrum, Baggage Management
In addition to standard APO Standard Job description please add the following:
Working experience in ATI (Air Transport Industry) desirable.
Working experience of any SITA Baggage Product desirable:
WorldTracer Suite (Self Service, Lost and Found Property, Desktop, Baggage Delivery Service)
Bag Journey/Bag Trust
Bag Message/Bag Connect
Apr 20, 2021, 8:16:31 AM
Follow us on Facebook and stay up to date with the latest jobs in Donegal!
Before you go
By creating a job alert, you agree to our Terms. You can unsubscribe from these directly within the emails or as detailed in our terms.Continue to job