At Lilly, we make a difference for people the world over by discovering, developing and delivering medicines that help people live longer, healthier and more active lives. Central to all that we do are our talented and motivated professionals, circa 800 of whom are based at our Global Business Solutions centre in Little Island, Cork. There we boast vibrant workforce made up of over 35 nationalities, speaking over 27 languages.
Established in 2010 to gain efficiencies in areas such as General Accounting, Purchase to Pay and Order to Cash, the GBS Cork quickly excelled in its financial mandate, allowing the Cork leadership to ask, how can we apply these processes to other areas of the business? And so the GBS we have today was born, still leading in finance, but also evolving and expanding into diverse Business Service functions including Customer Meeting Services, Global HR Data Management, Medical Information and more to come on stream.
This, along with the current physical expansion of the Little Island campus, means there has never been a more exciting time to be part of the GBS story! Mirroring the existing Island House building, the new Island Hall facility extends our overall capacity to in excess of 1000 employees where Lilly will continue to offer a premium workspace across both buildings, complete with healthcare, pension and life assurance benefits, subsidised canteen, wellbeing facilities, travel subsidies, car-pooling incentives, bike to work scheme, on-site parking and much more.
At the GBS, it’s not just about what we do today, but how we can continuously improve and innovate for present and future operations. We view the development of our highly skilled workforce in much the same way and want to grow your role into an empowering and fulfilling career here at Lilly. Therefore, with the sole purpose of employee progression, weekly Manager 1:1s, a dedicated Learning & Development service and Educational Assistance schemes all await you.
Above all, it’s about being part of an open, welcoming and inclusive culture, one that is further enhanced by the dedication of our committees - Culture Club, Diversity & Inclusion, Sports & Social, Corporate Social Responsibility, Health Safety & Environment and Food.
The role of a Capital Assets Financial Analyst is to ensure the accurate capitalisation of all relevant assets as well as monitoring closely the Assets Under Construction. This requires strict adherence to company policies while working closely with affiliates.
- Be seen as a “go-to” information resource for Capital Asset related queries
- Review all Capitalisation Forms received to ensure they are in line with company policies and capitalised for the company closing calendar
- Deliver training and support to Project Managers to ensure good quality Capitalisation Form submissions for assigned affiliates
- Coordinate the physical inventory counts with the affiliate business partners
- Ensure correct asset modifications in SAP (e.g. sales, write off, Master data change)
- Prepare / Review account reconciliations in accordance with reconciliation methodology
- Review key Capital Asset metrics & communicate to stakeholders to ensure key deliverables are being met whilst identifying and implementing initiatives to improve. This includes following up on late or inactive projects for assigned affiliates.
- Support global/regional Capital Assets projects
- Support the overall Capital Assets team by demonstrating flexibility in providing cover for team members and training of new team members
- 2 years’ experience in Finance function or public accounting practice, preferably with in-depth knowledge of capital processes in a multinational environment as well as US GAAP/IFRS technical accounting
- Accounting / Finance degree (Undergraduate or Masters as required for certification)
- CPA, CIMA, ACCA, Chartered Accountant or equivalent
- Fluency in English
The GBS focuses on the following foundational pillars across the full organisation to ensure a solid and consistent approach to running our business:Compliance
- Demonstrate a strong compliance oriented mindset & help to build a strong compliance culture
- Familiarise with all applicable financial policies, process documentation & training materials to ensure you operate in a fully compliant manner
- Ensure ownership for all applicable Sox & Operational controls for your area
- Engage with EY & resolve all capital requests for Group & Statutory audits
- Actively work with the core team members, internal customers/business partners, and affiliate Project Managers to build effective working relationships
- Demonstrate excellence in all interactions with our GBS internal customers & business partners
- Focus on measuring & improving our internal customer’s experience with the GBS
- Build and maintain a strong knowledge of your affiliate’s business
- Demonstrate a strong Continuous Improvement oriented approach & help to build a strong Continuous Improvement culture
- Actively work with the core team members, internal IT groups & Global Fixed Assets team to drive improvements for processes