JOIN OUR TEAM / BECOME A VALUED CAREGIVER (HEALTHCARE ASSISTANT) WITH HOME INSTEAD SENIOR CARE
WE ARE ACTIVELY RECRUITING NEW AND EXPERIENCED CAREGIVERS TO WORK
IN DROGHEDA AND SURROUNDING AREAS – ARDEE, TERMONFECKIN, CLOGHERHEAD, DUNLEER
Are you a caring person who would like to bring your natural skills into the professional caregiving community, or are you an experienced carer who is looking for a change?
Home Instead Senior Care, Ireland’s largest provider of non-medical care for older people, is adding to its amazing team of CAREGivers in Co Louth.
The long-established home care company is inviting applications from caring, compassionate, and kind- hearted people who want to make a difference in the lives of older people and their families.
Who we are looking for:
- Full-time and Part-time Caregivers with QQI/Fetac Level 5 in Healthcare Support or willing to complete the Award subsidised by us.
- Do you care about older people in your community and currently work in home care helping them to live happy lives at home?
- Are you or have you been, a family caregiver who just never got the time to complete your healthcare training?
- Student Nurses: You have QQI-level training and are looking for practical experience and flexible opportunities as you work towards full qualification
- Former Nurses / Retirees: You would like to spend a few hours a week giving back to the community, working for the world’s leading non-medical home care provider!
The most important thing we look for in a Caregiver is a kind and caring heart – someone who shares our mission and values and who would like to help us to enhance the lives of older people and their families in Drogheda and surrounding areas – Drogheda, Ardee Termonfeckin, Clogherhead, Dunleer.
What you will do:
- You will enhance the lives of older people and their families by delivering a range of non-medical services to seniors in the local community.
- You will be fully trained, the ‘Home Instead Way’, and you will work with clients at different stages of their care journey.
- You will bring happiness into the hearts of local seniors, by helping them with daily tasks, reducing loneliness, and making home a better place to live.
- Your care visits could last anything from a 30minute shift to a full eight-hour shift.
- With the right training, you will feel confident to provide more complex care to clients with higher needs, such as long-term illnesses, chronic conditions or Alzheimer’s or other dementias.
What you will get:
- Competitive rates of pay, with higher rates for weekends and bank holidays
- Free 20-hour induction training and subsidised QQI training if you need it
- Free uniform and PPE
- Flexible schedule that matches your availability and fits in with your lifestyle
- Support and back-up from a nurse-led team and professional office
- Opportunities for personal and professional development
- Focus group meetings – meet your peers over tea and cake!
- Monthly and annual Caregiver awards.
- Roll over holiday pay – take it when it suits you, no cut-off date.
- Refer a friend schemes – we will pay you when you successfully introduce a qualified colleague to Home Instead Senior Care
If you would like any more information please feel free to either call us for an informal chat or email us, either way we would be delighted to hear from you.
041 213 2322
Applying couldn’t be easier.
Click on the Apply Now button
Complete our online application form, outlining any experience you might have
Turn your passion into a career!
We will respond to your application within 24 hours - wishing you the very best of luck!