Cargo Warehouse Agent
Please note this position is for a permanent full-time Warehouse Agent, working 5 over 7 days, on average 37.5 hours per week.
The rate of pay €11.56 p/h
Full Driver Licence required.
What can we offer you?
• Fully paid Induction Training – classroom and practical.
• Airport ID provided including Garda Vetting
• On-site car parking facilities at Dublin Airport provided.
• Full uniform & PPE provided
• Staff discounts for shopping at The Loop, Dublin Airport & local businesses
• Access to our Pension scheme
• Bike to work scheme
• Strong career progression
• Competitive overtime rates
• 20 days annual leave increasing to 25days (pro-rated)
Cargo Warehouse Agents will organize warehouse and storage facilities; arrange warehouse handling equipment and load/unload air cargo. Agents will maintain the required safety and quality standards as well as comply with Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and company policies.
The following responsibilities are associated with this job role:
• Load and unload air cargo onto vehicles and storage areas
• Prepare and palletize cargo as needed
• Ensure paperwork related to the cargo is correct
• Assure proper handling and delivery of cargo and operation of related equipment
• Follow Dangerous Goods Requirements and Regulations
• Deliver air cargo to appropriate recipient if required
• Provide special handling of live animals as required
• Drive and/or operate specialist equipment which may include vans, fork lift trucks, cargo dollies/trailers.
• Report all equipment malfunctions to the appropriate supervisor/manager
Qualifications and Competencies
• Flexible to work on various shifts (days, evening, nights, weekends, and holidays)
• Ability to speak and understand the English language
• Ability to travel to the airport at times where public transport is not available
• Ability to follow processes and procedures and apply flexible approach when required
• Willingness to work in inclement weather
• Physically fit, able to work in a manual environment and repeatedly lift up to 32kg throughout a shift.
• Able to work as a team in a fast-paced environment
• A full driving license
• Previous experience working in an aviation environment is desired
• Ability to speak additional languages is desired
• If you are a non-Irish Citizen, you will need to be in possession of a current police disclosure certificate from your home country. If you have lived outside the Republic of Ireland for more than 6 months you will also be required to hold a current police disclosure certificate from that country/countries
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Swissport as an equal opportunity employer bases its hiring decisions on the business need and the best qualified candidates available and does not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of any protected category. Candidates who are offered employment may be subject to a criminal record and other background checks as permitted or required by company policy or applicable law.
Swissport International Ltd. is the leading Ground Services Provider to the aviation industry. Swissport is employing over 60,000 dedicated professionals, serving over 700 client companies at 269 stations in 48 countries on five continents. Swissport delivers unparalleled value in the areas of Ground Handling, Cargo Services, Executive Aviation, Travel Services, Fueling and Aircraft Maintenance. We strive to operate with the core values of People, Professionalism, and Partnership in all that we undertake. Our mission is simple – “To provide the aviation industry with consistent and tailor-made solutions around the globe, for a better customer experience”.
Before you go
By creating a job alert, you agree to our Terms. You can unsubscribe from these directly within the emails or as detailed in our terms.