Main purpose of the role:
Ensure the Checkout Department operates efficiently and effectively at all times and provide our customers with excellent customer service.
The ideal candidate will have/be:
- 2 years` experience in a retail role is desirable
• Ability to balance tills
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to engage with and prioritise customer needs
• Strong attention to detail, organised and flexible
• Ability to use own initiative and work as part of a team in a fast-paced environment
• Actively live SuperValu brand-values i.e. Genuine, Passion for Food, Vibrant, Committed, Innovative and Imaginative
• Use a computerised till system that has a barcode scanner
• Weigh and price products such as fruit and vegetables
• Check customers` ages for restrictions on items such as alcohol
• Pack customer`s purchases
• Process store loyalty cards, coupons and vouchers
• Take payments and make sure the till balances at the end of the day
• Spend time away from the till, stocking shelves and checking stock
• Merchandise and present the department to the highest standard at all times
• Attend and engage in team meetings and implement any learnings
Follow us on Facebook and stay up to date with the latest jobs in Galway!
Before you go
By creating a job alert, you agree to our Terms. You can unsubscribe from these directly within the emails or as detailed in our terms.