We’re a thriving team passionate about working together to deliver excellence, all in a natural forest environment.
Set in hundreds of acres of beautiful forest Longford Forest is the perfect place for a short break in Ireland, 365 days a year. With homely accommodation, up to 100 indoor and outdoor activities and a choice of bars and restaurants, there is something for all the family, all year round.
KITCHEN SUPERVISOR / CHEF DE PARTIE | Circa €25,700 per annum plus share of tips
At Longford Forest, the Food and Beverage department employs around 300 team members across 10 different restaurants, cafés and bars, as well as a production kitchen. We are now looking to recruit a Kitchen Supervisor (Chef de Partie) to join our growing team.
ABOUT THE ROLE
In this role, you will be responsible for preparing, cooking and presenting food to agreed Company standards. Working with the Kitchen Manager, you will also help create new menu ideas and ensure that accurate costing and specifications are considered.
Excellent communication skills are required as you will provide general supervision and coaching to all junior staff, ensuring the personal development of the junior team. You will also deputise for the Assistant Kitchen Manager in their absence, supervising the unit chefs to maintain the smooth running of the kitchen.
Other responsibilities will include assisting with the management of the Cost of Sales for your unit through effective use of the company ordering system, stock and portion control and minimising food wastage.
- Intermediate Food Hygiene certificate (or demonstrate experience/knowledge of Health & Safety/hygiene requirements in a kitchen)
- A formal cooking qualification
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Previous experience as a Kitchen Supervisor / Chef de Partie in a small establishment or experience in a more junior position within a larger kitchen, including supervisory and training responsibilities
HOURS OF WORK
Working straight-shifts, you will be contracted to work 150 hours per 4-week period on a flexible basis. This means your days and hours of work could vary each week but you will always receive your contracted hours each period.
Your working hours will include evenings, weekends, public / bank holidays and during Christmas and/or New Year on a rota basis, with a premium rate of pay for hours worked on a Sunday.
Center Parcs is a fantastic place to work and the benefits are as impressive as they are unique. Here are just a few:
- Management/Colleague Bonus Scheme
- Pension Scheme with Life Assurance
- Colleague Recognition and Reward Scheme – offering a choice of Center Parcs and High Street vouchers
- Free use of our leisure facilities
- Discounted Center Parcs breaks
- 20% discount in our restaurant and retail outlets
- An Employee Assistance Program - providing support on financial, health and legal matters
- Excellent opportunities for career development and progression with the opportunity to gain externally recognised qualifications
If this sounds like your ideal job, then we’d love to see your application.
Closing date:19 October 2021 at 12 Noon
Interviews to be held: W/C 18 October 2021
Please note this vacancy may close at any time once sufficient applications have been received. Early submission of your application is therefore encouraged.
Follow us - Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn
Our colleagues work together to make sure guests have a memorable and safe short break. We are committed to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our teams. Throughout the pandemic Center Parcs have adapted in line with Government guidance and we are doing everything we can to ensure our colleagues feel safe at work by focusing on additional training, health and well-being, hygiene and PPE.
Follow us on Facebook and stay up to date with the latest jobs in Longford!
Before you go
By creating a job alert, you agree to our Terms. You can unsubscribe from these directly within the emails or as detailed in our terms.Continue to job