Due to ongoing development, we are recruiting an enthusiastic and energetic Chef de Partie to join our dynamic and innovative kitchen team at the Shearwater Hotel & Spa. Full-time, Part-time, flexi hours, you name it, we can do it!
This position will require the Chef de Partie to work breakfast shifts.
The Requirements and Responsibilities of this role include (but not limited to):
· Work with the Chef to coordinate and carry out the preparation of all meals (i.e., breakfast, lunch, and dinner – including appetizers desserts and occasional hot snacks.)
· Consistently offer professional, friendly and proactive service and assistant to both guests and colleagues within the kitchen and interdepartmentally.
· Carry out meal preparation as instructed by the Head Chef/Senior Chef on duty.
· Become actively involved in planning and generating ideas relating to all food and menu items.
· Service all food items for buffet menus according to hotel recipes and standards as instructed.
· Maintain proper rotation of product in all chillers to minimize wastage/spoilage
· Have full knowledge of all menu items and daily specials
· Ensure the cleanliness and maintenance of all work areas, utensils, and equipment
· Follow kitchen policies, procedures and service standards
· Follow all safety and sanitation policies when handling food and beverage
· Refer to list of needed ingredients on a day-to-day basis and check inventory.
· Acquire ingredients not available in storage prior to the start of the day.
· Assist senior chef on duty in cooking dishes according to set recipes.
· Make arrangements to store food items in a safe and orderly manner.
· Maintain knowledge of all recipes.
· Set prepared dishes so that they look aesthetically pleasing
· Make-certain that appropriate portions have been dished out
· Deal with customers’ complaints and / or suggestions
· Ensuring attention to detail in completion of all tasks.
· Complete any reasonable task as instructed by the senior Chef on duty.
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
·Must be available for face to face interview
Must be available for Immediate start
-The ideal candidate is qualified, HACCP trained and has 1-2+ years’ experience in a similar role.
· Experience in fine dining and weddings is highly desirable.
· Free onsite parking
· Subsidised team member lunches
· Discounted rates at Comer Group Ireland managed Hotels
· Discounted rates at Comer Group Ireland managed Spa & Leisure Facilities
· Discounted rates at Comer Group Ireland Restaurants
If you would like the opportunity to join a fun, hardworking team and to grow your career within a progressive and expanding company then apply now by sending us your CV
Due to the large volume of applications for this role, only successful candidates will be contacted.
Before you go
By creating a job alert, you agree to our Terms. You can unsubscribe from these directly within the emails or as detailed in our terms.Continue to job