Main purpose of the role:
Ensure the food production area operates efficiently and effectively at all times and provide our customers with excellent products.
The ideal candidate will have/be:
- 1 years` experience in a Supervisor/Manager role is desirable
- 2 years` experience in a role with an indept experience to fresh food
• Experience in successfully achieving sales targets and KPIs
• Fully trained in HACCP and food safety, and has experience in meeting the HACCP and food safety requirements
• Experience in ordering for deli departments and managing waste within a fresh food department
• Stocktaking experience
• Ability to roster and adhere to budgets
• Have a true passion for the food industry and, as such, be creative and innovative with the fresh offering
• Customer focused and can build a quality and loyal customer base
• The ability to inspire, lead and motivate employees through support and development.
• Actively live SuperValu brand-values i.e. Genuine, Passion for Food, Vibrant, Committed, Innovative and Imaginative
• Cook, prepare and display the food throughout the day
• Oversee and ensure the smooth running of food production operations
• Carry out stock takes and work out the cost price for product and portion control
• Assess how the work is organised and delegate accordingly
• Finish all orders to the highest standard
• Attend regular management meetings as required and work to implement a programme of continuous improvement in line with these meeting actions
• Assist in the induction, training and development of staff in the food production area
• Attend any training or development programmes as directed by store management.
The closing date for applications is Monday the 31st of May 2021
Follow us on Facebook and stay up to date with the latest jobs in Galway!
Before you go
By creating a job alert, you agree to our Terms. You can unsubscribe from these directly within the emails or as detailed in our terms.Continue to job