We now require full-time Childcare Workers to join our busy team in Baldoyle.
- Minimum QQI/Fetac level 5 or higher Major Award in Early Childhood Education.
- Candidates who completed their qualification outside Ireland must have a qualification that is on the list of DCYA recognised qualifications or a letter from DCYA confirming they can work in childcare in Ireland.
In addition, the candidate may have:
- Educational Degree, Montessori Qualification High/Scope Certificate, First Aid Certificate
- Child Protection Training
- Evidence of commitment to further professional development
A minimum of one year experience working in a crèche setting with children under 5.
In addition, the candidate may have experience in a position of direct responsibility for a group of children under 5 in a crèche setting.
Knowledge and understanding:
- Good understanding of Health and Safety and the ability to adhere to centre policies and procedures to ensure best practice.
- Good understanding of preschool regulations, Siolta and the Aistear curriculum
- Good working knowledge of child development theory and relating theory to practice and equipment.
- Good understanding of the childcare worker’s role in providing activities for early education.
- Excellent conflict resolution skills and able to engage effectively with children with challenging behaviour.
- Excellent record-keeping skills to ensure appropriate update and transfer of relevant information.
- The ability to plan, organise and participate in appropriate play and educational activities including observing, assessing, and contributing to the written record of each child’s progress.
- Excellent interaction and communication skills including written and verbal communication.
- Ability to work with people from a range of backgrounds with tact, sensitivity, and confidentiality.
- Physically fit in order to keep up with the energy demands of working safely with children spending time at their level.
- Competent in engaging effectively and professionally with children with behavioral difficulties.
Applicants must be reliable & have the ability to work as part of a team.
All Employees must be Garda Vetted.
Some positions are supported by CSP and candidates must meet the criteria to qualify for the Community Support programme as per page 5 of the application from.
Click Apply Now to visit our contact page and email Jean to request an application form.
Before you go
By creating a job alert, you agree to our Terms. You can unsubscribe from these directly within the emails or as detailed in our terms.Continue to job