Childminding Development Officer
Purpose of the Role:
This post will be based in the office of Limerick Childcare Committee, Croom, Co. Limerick, working to support the development of the childminding sector and to implement actions in the Childminding Action Plan. This position will involve travel.
Professional Qualifications: Level 8 Qualification in Early Years Care and Education or equivalent
Experience: 5 years
The Childminding Development Officer will be employed by Limerick Childcare Committee. Local actions will be decided and agreed upon between the CMDO and Manager.
This work will be reported to the CCC /Manager in addition to the CCC Childminding lead as part of the national action plan. National work will be managed by the CCC Childminding lead.
- Establish and develop effective working relationships and productive partnerships.
- Support the implementation of the Childminding Action Plan
- Work with current and potential childminders to deliver a high-quality early learning and care and/or school age service to meet the requirements of individual children, families and communities and to prepare for future regulatory requirements.
- Support in the delivery of local information and training events and other awareness-raising and networking activities for childminders in relation to Tusla-registration, available supports and the Childminding Action Plan.
- Support the roll-out of existing and enhanced supports for childminders, including the Childminder Learner Fund, First Aid training, and Childminder Development Grants.
- To identify and support the Tusla-registration of childminders who could potentially register within the current regulatory framework.
- Implementation of the Childminding Actions within the Local Implementation Plan.
- Carrying out such other tasks as may be required from time to time.
- The successful candidate must also be prepared to work flexible hours i.e. evenings and occasional weekend time.
- A good understanding of Early Learning and Care and the School Age Childcare Sectors in relation to national policy and regulation.
- Excellent IT and administrative skills, including experience in report writing and use of Microsoft Office including Word and Excel applications.
- Experience in the development and/or delivery of training/workshops/networks (Communities of Practice)
- Highly motivated and committed to working as part of a team as well as on own initiative.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both written and verbal with the ability to engage on an individual and group basis.
- Excellent organisational skills, attention to detail and ability to solve problems.
- Have a full clean driving licence.
- Experience of working with the childminding sector and a good understanding of the policy context for childminding.
- Experience in project management, including initiation, implementation and completion.
Garda Vetting will be required for this position. Salary is pro-rata.
Further details: Part-time, fixed-term contract to 31/12/23
The closing date for applications is Tuesday the 31st of January 2023
Before you go
By creating a job alert, you agree to our Terms. You can unsubscribe from these directly within the emails or as detailed in our terms.Continue to job