If you are looking for an exciting Christmas job that immerses you into the Irish food scene, spending your days talking about cheese - this is the job for you!We are looking for seasonal staff (no previous experience needed) for all our locations around the country. We offer a fun atmosphere working with great people, and a fabulous staff discount.
(MUST BE AVAILABLE UP TO DECEMBER 31st)
We need people who can sell great cheese, people who can make the connection between the producers of this food and the people who will be consuming it.
This involves telling stories, tasting the food, and sharing knowledge and experience.
Working for Sheridans Cheesemongers is an opportunity to gain skill, and deep knowledge of Irish and European food production and culture.
The candidate must have a passion for food, and a willingness to learn. They must enjoy conversation, and understand the importance of working with and promoting artisan food products.
JOB TITLE: Seasonal Retail Assistant (fixed-term, part-time)
1. Scope of Position
Sheridans staff are charged with providing top quality customer service in a sometimes fast-paced environment, for maintaining Sheridans Cheesemongers' high standard of personal, exemplary customer service and unique approach to offering local food, producers and culture. Sheridans staff are responsible for maintaining cleanliness in retail and storage areas.
2. Key Responsibilities
• Learn about all current products in range and be familiar with dairy, deli, ambient categories.
• Work in a fast-paced, sometimes crowded, sales environment with tact and patience.
• Receive product deliveries and organize their storage in their designated areas.
• Merchandise/arrange/display cheese and other items in the retail space.
• Learn/maintain food safety standards required of a safety-inspected food environment.
• Prepare and display cheese as instructed by team leaders or managers.
• Maintain cheese signs and displays throughout the day.
• Display beautiful, festive food hampers.
• Work with team to ensure products are sold well before their expiration date; stock rotation; FODL etc.
• Report any issues with product, customers, or otherwise to Team Leaders or Retail Managers.
• Participate in quarterly stocktaking of inventory.
• Daily maintenance: keep displays full; date rotation; help control stock levels.
• Collect and remove rubbish and recycling from the around the counter floor when needed.
• Other ad hoc duties & responsibilities as needed as directed by Team Leader and/or Retail Managers.
3. Department Structure
Reporting to: Team Leader and Retail Manager
Working with: Cheesemongers and Team Leader(s)
• A year working in similar retail setting or company to Sheridans preferable;
• Some knowledge of Irish and European farmhouse cheese;
• HACCP trained or awareness of HACCP/Food Safety in Retail;
• Interest in cheese and other local, artisan foods;
• Self-motivated with ability to work independently;
• Conversation and listening skills;
• Outgoing, cheerful, friendly personality;
• Excellent communication skills;
• Organised and calm under pressure;
• Available weekends and some evenings to support business needs.
Hourly Salary Range: from €11.80 to €12.80
Before you go
By creating a job alert, you agree to our Terms. You can unsubscribe from these directly within the emails or as detailed in our terms.Continue to job