Marsh is seeking candidates for the following position based in our Galway office:
Commercial Client Advisor – Temporary role 1 year– full time
What can you expect:
Responsibility for the day-to-day professional management and servicing of all aspects of client’s insurance portfolio. This role will also assist Client Executives and provide Client Support within the team. It will entail remote working and office based when guidelines allow.
What you will be rewarded with:
Our employees enjoy excellent benefits such as:
- Competitive salary with annual review
- Up to 12% pension contribution
- Healthcare cover
- Flexible working arrangements
- Sports & Social clubs/Wellness Programme
- Paid annual leave
- Travel ticket/bike to work/dental are optional
- 35 hour working week
We will rely on you to:
- Liaise with underwriters and various insurers to obtain Claims Experiences.
- Prepare Renewal Questionnaire and contact clients to collate updated information prior to renewal.
- Prepare reports on premium comparisons and income where necessary.
- Prepare Pre Renewal Summary to provide to Client Executive for discussion with clients.
- Prepare report of updated information to provide to incumbent insurers and request Renewal Terms.
- Prepare Submission Reports where required and liaise with the market and internal Placement Department.
- Negotiate Renewal Terms and Rates with insurers where required and liaise internally with Client Executives and Placement.
- Review policy coverage to ensure it meets client requirements and identifying any gaps in cover to be escalated.
- Prepare Renewal Report outlining negotiations undertaken and recommendations to client.
- Confirm Renewal / New Placements to relevant insurers in advance of renewal date and Request Policy Documents.
- Process invoices as per terms agreed with insurers and any Additional Premiums.
- Issue Invoices to client.
- Issue Policy Documents and final Summary of Insurance.
- Liaise with international Marsh Offices and update the Global Connect site with local placement information as well as raising Fees for multinational clients.
- Set up Finance Agreements with preferred partners if required by clients.
- Provide the best technical advice and service to Clients, on queries and coverage issues / extensions promptly utilising own knowledge and that of colleagues as necessary.
- Check Leases, Bank Finance Agreements and Contracts for clients from an insurance perspective where requested.
- Set up new clients and contracts on our systems as required.
- Keep electronic file maintenance to a high standard and adhere to the clean desk policy.
- Attend meetings with clients or potential clients when requested.
- Obtain quotes on any New Lines of Business or Mid-term Alterations for Clients and issue endorsements where necessary.
- Request and issue Confirmation of Insurance Letters, Letters of Driving Experience and Duplicate Cert and Discs when required.
- Discuss with the client completion of Risk Requirements outlined in any Insurer Survey report and pursue Outstanding Premiums due where the client is not in direct contact with accounts.
- Ensure that compliance procedures and policies are maintained and adhered to at all times and that training, CPD and KPI requirement deadlines are met.
- Develop and maintain a good working relationship with internal colleagues and the Underwriters and Business Development Managers at Insurance Companies.
- Support the Team Manager with projects and ad-hoc tasks as required
What you will need to have:
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to maintain clear lines of communication with various internal and external stakeholders
- Accuracy with good attention to detail and ability to check work of self and others
- Flexible and team player – develops close partnerships with onshore and offshore colleagues
- Ability to identify areas to improve efficiency, accuracy and analysis and suggest ways of improvement
- Proficiency in Word and Excel
What makes you stand out:
- Industry related qualifications e.g. CIP, MDI, ACII
- 3+ years relevant insurance experience
Marsh is the world’s leading insurance broker and risk adviser. With over 35,000 colleagues operating in more than 130 countries, Marsh serves commercial and individual clients with data driven risk solutions and advisory services. Marsh is a business of Marsh & McLennan Companies (NYSE: MMC), the world’s leading professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people, with 76,000 colleagues and annualized revenue approaching $17 billion. Through its market-leading businesses, including Mercer, Guy Carpenter and Oliver Wyman, Marsh & McLennan helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment.
We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients regardless of their gender expression or identity, marital or civil partnership status, ethnic origin, nationality, age, background, disability, sexual orientation or beliefs. We are proud of our inclusive culture where everyone feels empowered to bring their whole selves to work and thrive. Learn more about our foundational values, mission and vision for the future by reviewing our Greater Good Policy.
Follow us on Facebook and stay up to date with the latest jobs in Galway!
Before you go
By creating a job alert, you agree to our Terms. You can unsubscribe from these directly within the emails or as detailed in our terms.Continue to job