The School of Medicine at NUI Galway are looking for a suitably qualified and experienced candidate for a Clinical tutor Fixed Term / Registrar post in Anaesthesia commencing in July 2021. You will join progressive and professional teams based in NUI Galway School of Medicine.
Working at NUI Galway School of Medicine
We offer excellent career development opportunities and benefits for our Clinical Teaching staff, including:
- Supervised hands on experience in course design, delivery and assessment
- Opportunity for professional development in medical education in the form of Diploma or Higher Degree in Medical Education and Health Care Simulation
- Exposure and training in a variety of teaching and assessment methods
- Opportunities to grow and develop a network in the medical education field
- Excellent Opportunity to explore career opportunities in clinical education field
- Access to facilities and research at NUIG
- Opportunity to pursue personal research interests in line with the College of Medicine, Nursing and Health Sciences strategy
- Continued Professional Development
- Opportunity to maintain knowledge currency in your discipline
- Access to mentoring and coaching from experienced academic staff in the College
- Opportunity to work with international student and staff community
This Contract will be one year in duration and will be full time, structured 50% academic and 50% clinical. In some cases, rotation between NUI Galway sites may be agreed between the staff member and the Head of School.
The successful post holder will serve the educational needs of the entire undergraduate medical programme, and will be expected to contribute to the planning and delivery of teaching, student support and assessment duties, in the early patient contact and clinical skills elements of Phase 1 (Foundation Year and Year 1MB3) and Phase 2 (Years 2MB3 and 3MB3), as well as to the coordination and delivery of clinical teaching in the final phase of the programme (Years 3MB3 and 5MB3).
This is a combined NUIG/HSE position 50:50, therefore the successful applicant should have relevant (2-3 years post full registration or 1 year at Registrar grade) clinical experience anaesthesia
Appointments will be conditional on work authorisation validation and registration with the Irish Medical Council where applicable. Further details are available at www.dbei.ie
Clinical Lecturer/ Registrar positions will require the candidate to hold valid IMC registration.
Informal enquiries in relation to the positions which may arise can be made to:
- Anaesthesia – John Laffey at firstname.lastname@example.org or to Michael Scully at Michael.email@example.com
Queries in relation to the application process may be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Appointments will be made on the Clinical tutor 1 salary scale: € 57,987 – € 68,285 per annum or Clinical tutor 2: €69,184- € 84,134.
The relevant salary scale will be determined based on candidate’s experience
(This appointment will be made on the Clinical Tutor scale in line with current Government pay policy)
Closing date for receipt of applications is 17:00 (Irish Time) on 10th June 2021. It will not be possible to consider applications received after the closing date.
Garda vetting may apply.
Appointments will be conditional on work authorisation validation.
Further details are available at www.dbei.ie
Please note that appointment to posts advertised will be dependent upon University approval, together with the terms of the Employment Control Framework for the higher education sector.
National University of Ireland Galway is an equal opportunities employer.
Follow us on Facebook and stay up to date with the latest jobs in Galway!
Before you go
By creating a job alert, you agree to our Terms. You can unsubscribe from these directly within the emails or as detailed in our terms.Continue to job