Businesses are built by the experiences they provide, and every day millions of those experiences are delivered by Avaya Holdings Corp. (NYSE: AVYA). Avaya is shaping what's next for the future of work, with innovation and partnerships that deliver game-changing business benefits. Our cloud communications solutions and multi-cloud application ecosystem power personalized, intelligent, and effortless customer and employee experiences to help achieve strategic ambitions and desired outcomes. Together, we are committed to help grow your business by delivering Experiences that Matter. Learn more at www.avaya.com.
About the Opportunity
The MPaaS team (Media Platform as a Service) is looking for individuals who would like to learn and contribute to our large cloud media services solution. If you're as passionate as we are about making the MPaaS platform increasingly awesome for our customers, we'd love to chat with you! We're seeking highly talented, driven, and motivated software engineers with big ideas, who are also obsessed with delivering new, intuitive, engaging, and efficient media services to our customers.
About the Responsibilities
- Develop H.264 video conferencing features
- Implement video transmission, congestion controls and resilience features
- You will be a core member of the MPaaS platform.
- Participate in design, coding, reviews, testing, documentation, deployment, and support
- Collaborate in analyzing existing code and remediating both functional and performance issues in large scalable distributed systems
About the Requirements
- Solid experience in software development
- Demonstrable experience of H.264 video communications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Astute, willing to share and collaborate, and ready to learn.
- Deep knowledge of Computer Science fundamentals
- Strong C/C++, multithreaded design
- H.264 video codec integration, tuning, and enhancement
- H.264 transport protocols understanding
- REST, SIP, SDP, or MSML experience a big plus
- R-CNN, segmentation, object recognition, and other video image processing skills a big plus
- Bachelor of Computer Science or Computer Engineering, advanced qualifications highly desirable
Follow us on Facebook and stay up to date with the latest jobs in Galway!
Before you go
By creating a job alert, you agree to our Terms. You can unsubscribe from these directly within the emails or as detailed in our terms.Continue to job