Why engineering at Stryker?
At Stryker we are dedicated to improving lives, with a passion for researching and developing new medical device products. As an engineer at Stryker, you will be proud of the work that you will be doing, using cutting-edge technologies to make healthcare better. Here, you will work in a supportive culture with other incredibly talented and intelligent people, creating industry-leading medical technology products. You will also have growth opportunities as we have a culture that supports your personal and professional development.
Need another reason to apply? Check out these 8 reasons to join Stryker's engineering team: https://www.strykercareersblog.com/post/8-reasons-to-join-strykers-engineering-team
This position provides the Co-Op Student, as part of their college studies, the experience of working in a regulated medical device company. The Co-Op Student undertakes a project that is of mutual benefit to the company and to the student’s practical and academic learning
Key Areas of Responsibility
- The Co-Op Student, together with their Stryker Team Leader and their College Supervisor, identifies a process improvement project.
- Identifies the project charter, objectives, scope, success factors, milestones and evaluation metrics.
- Documents a detailed project plan using the company’s project management template.
- Implements the process improvement project and meets the specified objectives and milestones.
- Involves other key stakeholders and facilitates project meetings effectively.
- Communicates project updates and presents at the relevant project review forums.
- Defines project metrics and measures/evaluates project outcomes.
- Provides support to the team and department by completing other activities as required.
- Ensures compliance with the Quality, Safety and 5S Systems
- As a student, effectively adapts to practically working in a work place by being dependable, reliable, punctual, self-motivated, hardworking, organised and a team-player.
Qualifications Knowledge Skills
·Currently completing a college qualification in an engineering or business discipline
- Honesty and Integrity essential. Must comply with the quality system, regulations and company policies
- Self-motivated, flexible and hardworking. Enjoys working in a dynamic, fast and results orientated environment
- Reliable, dependable and punctual
- Organised, focused and capable of multi-tasking
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Basic level of PC skills required
- Is a team player and capable of working as part of a multi-disciplined team
Employee Signature Date
Know someone at Stryker?
Be sure to have them submit you as a referral prior to applying for this position. Learn more about our employee referral program at https://careers.stryker.com/referrals/
Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better. We offer innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes.
We are proud to be named one of the World’s Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine! Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.com
Follow us on Facebook and stay up to date with the latest jobs in Cork!
Before you go
By creating a job alert, you agree to our Terms. You can unsubscribe from these directly within the emails or as detailed in our terms.Continue to job