Site Name: Ireland - Dublin Posted Date: May 6 2021
Want to solve some of the world’s biggest health challenges?
With over 300 years of innovation, we’re a science-led global healthcare company that delivers billions of innovative products each year. Join us and help millions of people do more, feel better, live longer.
We’re looking for Future Leaders in Commercial Management (Consumer Healthcare)
Are you an adaptable graduate who’d like to work in a fast-paced consumer obsessed environment and improve people’s lives? If so, why not join our fast-moving Consumer Healthcare business? Here, you’ll work with household names that are known in more than 100 countries worldwide. You’ll also have the chance to explore new products, launch innovations quickly – and further our brands using real consumer insight.
Develop your career
Over 2 years, our graduate programme will challenge and support you to grow professionally and personally. You’ll have two stretching rotations within our sales and customer marketing functions, where you’ll take on real roles and gain wide-ranging experience across the Consumer Healthcare Commercial business.
Throughout the programme, you’ll be part of a diverse, global network of graduates who are sharing similar daily experiences in different parts of the world. These peer relationships are a fantastic opportunity to get exposure and inspiration beyond your home market and learn different approaches to your job. At the same time, you’ll explore your leadership potential through training, mentoring and on-the-job experience. As you improve your sales and marketing skills, you’ll also build your knowledge of the pharmaceutical industry.
What will you do?
- 2 year programme
- 2 placements across Consumer Healthcare Ireland Sales and Marketing.
Year 1 - Customer Marketing Executive.
In this role, the successful candidate will be working as part of the Irish Activation Team, leading the customer marketing activation plans across a key category as well as managing a couple of other projects across the team to gain wider exposure in areas such as category management and sales operations.
Year 2 – Customer Business Executive
In this role, the successful candidate will be working as part of the Irish Sales Team, managing key customer accounts as well as driving and leading the Irish digital commerce opportunity across all customers.
Tailored training – and great career progression
- We’ll tailor your training and development to suit your talents and ambition, as well as our business needs, setting you up for success in your chosen niche. After you complete our graduate programme, you’ll have the skills to become a leader of the future in the area that suits you best. Our programme will help you find out where your strengths are and how you can contribute most. You might find that you enjoy the dynamic world of sales, or have a passion for marketing. Alternatively, you might discover a hidden talent for negotiating great deals with our vendors in procurement or understanding the needs of our employees in HR There’s no limit to how far you can go with us – it’s up to you to prove yourself. You will also be eligible for full GSK educational support towards an industry recognised qualification
You’ll be excited by the thought of:
- Gain in-depth insights into our Consumer Healthcare Commercial business
- Learn how to manage projects and prioritise tasks
- Build relationships with people at all levels of the organisation and with our customers
- Learn how to deliver excellence in sales execution
- Train to be a leader who inspires through building meaningful relationships, influence and negotiation
- Learn how to adapt in a fast-paced industry
- Develop your network across the business, including senior leaders and peers, through networking opportunities
- To be a proactive and agile graduate with a talent for multi-tasking
- The ability to adapt to change and stay focused under pressure
- An analytical mind
- Excellent interpersonal skills that can help you connect people and ideas to deliver value to the business
- Commercial awareness – an interest in sales and marketing
Our graduate programme is designed to accelerate the development of graduates who don’t have significant previous professional work experience in the area to which they are applying. Of course, many graduates who join the programme have worked while studying or after graduation. If you’ve already developed substantial experience working in a professional role in your sector, while you would be able to apply for this programme, you may also want to look at direct entry roles in our businesses, as these may be the best way to build on your existing skills and expertise and develop a career at GSK.
What we need from you is...
Basic Qualification and Experience:
- Education required: Marketing or Business Degree and/or Masters, should be tracking for a minimum 2 :1 result
- Language requirement: Written and spoken fluency in your native language and English
- Start date: June 2021
- Other requirements: Full driver’s license
- Application deadline: Friday May 21st 2021
- Competitive salary
- 23 days annual leave
- Annual bonus
- Annual salary review
- Private Healthcare cover
- Health and Well-being programmes
- Education assistance policy
- Employee assistance programme
We’re 100% open to all talent
- We’re 100% open to all talent – whatever your gender, marital status, religion, age, colour, race, sexual orientation, nationality or disability. We want to recruit the right people for GSK from the widest possible backgrounds, so we can better serve the diversity of our patients and consumers. And, because it’s the right thing to do.
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class*(*US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you’d like to discuss any adjustments to our process which might help you demonstrate your strengths and capabilities. You can either call us on 0808 234 4391, or send an email firstname.lastname@example.org
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK’s compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK’s Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Follow us on Facebook and stay up to date with the latest jobs in Dublin!
Before you go
By creating a job alert, you agree to our Terms. You can unsubscribe from these directly within the emails or as detailed in our terms.Continue to job