We are currently recruiting for a
Community Support Workers Ref: Cl.Wb-MR03100521
Bray, Co Wicklow
Permanent Part Time 78 hours per month
We currently have an exciting opportunity for qualified Community Support Workers to join our services in residential settings in Bray, Co. Wicklow. As a Community Support Worker, you will be involved in supporting clients to achieve their personal outcomes to build on their potential and to develop positive roles within their home and in the community. Working hours will be variable including day shifts, sleepovers, weekends, and unsociable hours.
Applicants must have:
- QQI level 7 in Social Care or international equivalent (validated by QQI).
- A passion for promoting and empowering those you support.
- A team player willing to lone work as well as working as part of a team.
- A knowledge of the HIQA regulations and standards
- Excellent organisation and communication skills
- Enthusiasm, energy, and creativity
- Excellent IT and report writing skills.
- Hold a full driving licence and be willing to drive location vehicles.
- Can deal with confidential information in a discreet and responsible manner.
- Be flexible to work a variety of rostered shifts over a seven-day work period.
- Understanding and experience of therapeutic interventions
- One Year’s post qualification experience of working with adults with intellectual disability.
- Experience of working alone in a one-to-one environment as well as experience of teamwork.
- Experience of dealing with complex behaviours that challenge and with behavioural supports.
- CPI experience
- Working with dual diagnosis and complex behaviors.
- Experience of creative problem-solving techniques
- To facilitate and implement a person-centered approach for our Clients appropriate to their wishes and goals.
- To promote and protect the rights of people in a manner that respects their dignity, their right to make choices and their privacy
- To actively seek new interests and opportunities for people to develop meaningful roles in their communities
- To ensure the overall wellbeing of clients in all areas of their lives including health and personal care
- To assist in the teaching of life skills in cooking, budgeting, cleaning & building confidence
Salary Scale: Successful candidates will be paid as per the HSE consolidated pay scales in line with required qualifications and relevant experience.
To Apply: E-mail your CV and cover letter stating how many hours you are applying for to firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information please check out our website http://sunbeam.ie/careers
Short listing of candidates will apply.
Closing Date for receipt of applications: Sunday 23rd May 2021
Sunbeam House Services is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Follow us on Facebook and stay up to date with the latest jobs in Wicklow!
Before you go
By creating a job alert, you agree to our Terms. You can unsubscribe from these directly within the emails or as detailed in our terms.Continue to job