Here in Dano`s Supervalu, the award winning Store of the Year 2019 we are seeking a passionate and dedicated confectioner/Baker to join our amazing bakery team. The ideal candidate should have minimum 2 years experience in this type of role. Retail experience is desirable but not essential.
Main purpose of the role:
- Ensure the Bakery Department operates efficiently and effectively at all times.
- Provide our customers with excellent quality products and customer service.
The ideal candidate will have/be:
- Previous food preparation and production experience is desirable
- The ability to prepare fresh cakes and bread from scratch and a great finishing technique.
- Qualified baker is a distinct advantage
- Creative and able to embrace new recipes
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to engage with and prioritise customer needs
- Strong attention to detail, organised and flexible
- Ability to use own initiative and work as part of a team in a fast-paced environment.
- Drive sales through instore initiatives
- Merchandise and present the Bakery department to the highest standard at all times and in accordance with relevant store planograms and guidelines
- Adhere to weekly stocktaking and daily waste procedures in the Bakery
- Adhere to production planning and batch control guidelines for bakery products
- Conduct quality and freshness checks
- Attend relevant training as required and implement learnings in store.
This is a permanent Full time role with a 40 hour per week contract. It will require flexible working hours and days.
Salary depends on experience.