Corporate Sales Manager – Clayton Hotel Galway
We have a fantastic new vacancy for a Corporate Sales Manager in the excellent Clayton Hotel Galway.
Objective of the Role:
We currently have an exciting and challenging opportunity available at Clayton Hotel Galway for a dynamic and highly motivated Corporate Sales Manager. Reporting to the Director of Sales & Marketing, the successful candidate will be responsible for maximising the sales potential and achieving the revenue budgets of the hotel. This is a proactive sales role which will primarily be based on the road; therefore, this role requires a car owner with a full clean driving licence.
- To maximize all sales and revenue generating opportunities including but not limited to conferences, corporate bedrooms, meeting & events, f&b and other leisure-based offerings. Annual targets will be agreed on an annual basis.
- To proactively research, identify and secure new business opportunities through prospecting, telesales and face to face sales calls.
- Follow the sales process through in order to build relationships and convert new business into 'producing' accounts.
- Target and develop national conference business for the hotel directly from professional bodies, associations, unions and also via DMC's and PCO's.
- Work alongside the Wedding & Events Manager in proactively sourcing and targeting new event business for the hotel.
- Work alongside the Meetings Co-Ordinator in proactively sourcing and targeting new meeting/conference business for the hotel.
- Organise and facilitate site inspections of the hotel and entertain clients as appropriate to support efforts.
- Close new business deals by coordinating requirements and contracts with the hotel sales team.
- Achieve quality weekly and monthly sales targets for face-to-face sales calls, telesales and cold calling for new business accounts, as well as existing accounts where required.
- Maintain effective working relationships with both existing and potential customers.
- Ensure all sales activity is reported on CRM database, Alkimii.
- Represent the hotel at sales team meetings and other meetings/events as appropriate.
- Attend occasional group consumer shows, trade fairs & business events as required, ensuring that the quality image of the hotel and the group is portrayed, and that every opportunity is taken to promote the hotel.
- Assist the DOSM with developing and implementing the sales & marketing strategy and activity.
- Update job knowledge by participating in professional organisations, reading professional publications and maintaining personal networks.
- To carry out administrative duties as required, including research of sales leads in all revenue generating market segments.
- To perform other job-related duties as assigned by management.
The successful candidate will have:
- Previous experience in a proactive sales role.
- Target driven, resilient personality and a go getter.
- Be clear, concise and professional in all communications both verbal and written.
- Ability to multitask, prioritise and meet established deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Work closely with management and other departments to achieve desired end results.
- Strong computer, presentation and reporting skills.
Dalata Hotel Group – Ireland’s largest hotel group. As Dalata continues to grow and expand it’s more important than ever to have the right team alongside us, in the near future we will be opening the doors of new hotels creating over 400 jobs and investing over €110m in the Irish economy.
We lead through our Dalata values of “Our People, Our Fairness, Our Service and Our Individuality”. If you have the right attitude and energy you will have great opportunities to progress within the group. Our company is a place where you can do great things – individually and as a team. You will have the opportunity to develop your talent, be recognised and rewarded for your commitment and pursue a fulfilling career. We also have a number of unique and recognised training programmes to aid your professional and personal development and pride ourselves on creating an objective, supportive and fair working environment for our employees.
Dalata Hotel Group Plc is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Follow us on Facebook and stay up to date with the latest jobs in Galway!
Before you go
By creating a job alert, you agree to our Terms. You can unsubscribe from these directly within the emails or as detailed in our terms.Continue to job